Using the qwerty keyboard to play Pianissimo

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Poita

Using the qwerty keyboard to play Pianissimo

Post by Poita »

Hi. I'm looking for a program like yours that has really high quality sounds but can be played via the qwerty keyboard, ideally with a key definition option.

I was using a program called 'HappyEO' as it had a large number of instruments and also I could define which qwerty key played which note. However, since I upgraded my computer I find that when I try that program on it (any an other computer I've tried) then there is a lag between key press to sound. It's a short lag but ruins the play experience.

I have to say that the sound on Pianissimo is amazing quality. Is there any chance that you will add an option to use the qwerty keyboard and also let us decide which qwerty keys play which note? Also, perhaps adding a whole list of all the popular instruments that exist. I would gladly pay $100 for such a program.
Also, a full screen option would be nice.

If not then can you recommend one please.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Using the qwerty keyboard to play Pianissimo

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you use Pianissimo as a plugin inside our Mixcraft software, you can use Mixcraft's "musical typing" option to play Pianissimo with your QWERTY keyboard.

We don't have any plans to add that option to the standalone version of Pianissimo at this time, but thank you for the suggestion.

Greg
Poita

Post by Poita »

Hi Greg.

Thank's for the answer. I'm checking out the Mixcraft demo now. Wow the bank of different instruments such as violin, Harpsichord, Guitar etc are great. I think they are the best sounding virtual instruments I've come across.

I have one question though. Why is the 'musical typing' range so narrow? There are enough keys on the qwerty keyboard for two or three octaves. I am used to using A-Z and also 1 - 0 and that gives me a 36 key range which is basically three octaves.
I know that you assign other keys to certain function but I think a customizable key config (as with games) would be good as people like me coming from other music programs have gotten used to musical typing in a certain config and it's a headache to have a different one imposed on us every time we use a different software. I looked into using 'sharpkeys' to remap my own keyboard but Mixcraft doesn't even give access to the play function beyond 18 notes/keys.
I like the range sliding option but that totally reassigned the key config.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I have put in a feature request for you about this. I cannot say it will or will not be implemented, but keep your fingers crossed ;-)
Poita

Post by Poita »

Thank's.
That's all I can ask for. I'll keep checking in.