Pianissimo and successive chords.

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Bouncy Nugget

Pianissimo and successive chords.

Post by Bouncy Nugget »

I was trying to play Claire de Lune, but realized during the intro section that Pianissimo lags hard when playing 6 note chords in succession.

Is Pianissimo just like this, or is there a way to fix it. I'm a little sad because this problem has sort of made pianissimo half as useful.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Pianissimo and successive chords.

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using the standalone version of Pianissimo, or are you using it as a plugin in another program?

If you're using the standalone, click on the File menu and select Preferences. If ASIO or WaveRT are available, try one of those modes. If you're already using WaveRT and ASIO is not available, you can try reducing the latency setting. If you don't have an ASIO option, you can also try downloading and installing ASIO4All.

Greg
Bouncy Nugget

Post by Bouncy Nugget »

Acoustica Greg wrote:If you don't have an ASIO option, you can also try downloading and installing ASIO4All.
I'm using it as a standalone right now, but i use it as a plug-in as well. I've used WaveRT, ASIO UX2 (Line 6 Device), and ASIO4All. ASIO4All gets rid of pretty much all latency, but has no effect at all when playing thick chords in succession, even on the smallest buffer size. I've tried on 2 different laptops, both which should have more than enough power to run Pianissimo.
Bouncy Nugget

Post by Bouncy Nugget »

Anyone?
AlvinForrest

Post by AlvinForrest »

I am new to piano, as I have started learning so I also want to know about it. If anybody help.