Pianissimo bug with Mixcraft v7.7 b311

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

superjr03

Pianissimo bug with Mixcraft v7.7 b311

Post by superjr03 »

Having issues, basically in Task manager it shows Mixcraft 7 being loaded several times, and its being a system hog, basically bottle neck my projects.. wasn't sure if anybody else is showing this same bug

I understand Pianissimo is a separate program from Mixcraft 7. Mixcraft v7.7 b301 was perfectly working well. I am windows 10 64 bit build 10586.. every time I have updated via patch the sounds, spikes and increase cpu and memory have been gradually getting worse, and its not fully addressed in newer patches..

I am getting 26%-45% memory usage and 28%-65% system usage with the occasional spikes in the the program every 5-12 minutes of usage with Pianissimo open. You must understand I have only one virtual instrument open when these issues are happening as well, also with added delay and reverb effects into the master fx chain instead of in the tab for pianissimo where its fx page button is situated. I can't figure it out, I've uninstalled Mixcraft, installed it again.I cant use any other virtual instruments with it because it causes mixcraft to go glitchy and in the red, at the bottom of the page 85% Mixcraft 93% System
I have no other programs either, even if I turn the internet off.

I've checked my ram on my computer, upgraded it thinking that was the issue..

Hope your following this, and its making sense!!

the occasional spikes in the the program that happen every 5-12 minutes during the usage of Pianissimo, also happens during recordings, and it unacceptable and destroying any progress I am making with my projects using Piannissimo

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I looked at the page for it specs wise. It seems to me to be doubling. I have a 1.65Ghz computer, Mixcraft requires a 2ghz computer so in theory I need a computer capable of 3.65ghz or more for Mixcraft and Piannissimo to run efficiently together.. Am I missing something with that conclusion??
Acoustica Greg

Re: Pianissimo bug with Mixcraft v7.7 b311

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

The next time this happens, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 7 and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a short video: Mixcraft Mini-Tip: How To Find Your Mixcraft Log File

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
superjr03

Post by superjr03 »

Okay thank you for that advice! I will definitely try that. Also I had another issue, which I placed in the Mixcraft section of the forum. Thanks for taking the time to reply back :) :) PS It's no biggie
drumer3914

Post by drumer3914 »

What a vague bull +_×^:@ answer Wich seems to be the answer to all problems with Mixcraft. I have pretty much concluded other than some really cool effects and Synths ,Mixcraft isn't stable enough to proceed using for any kind of serious recording . I am in the process of moving on to another daw and as of yet not one glitch whatsoever . Later!
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

drumer3914 wrote: I am in the process of moving on to another daw and as of yet not one glitch whatsoever . Later!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaEmf9G0PyU
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

drumer3914 wrote:What a vague bull +_×^:@ answer Wich seems to be the answer to all problems with Mixcraft. I have pretty much concluded other than some really cool effects and Synths ,Mixcraft isn't stable enough to proceed using for any kind of serious recording . I am in the process of moving on to another daw and as of yet not one glitch whatsoever . Later!
Hi,

We don't always have the answers. No one doing technical support has all the answers. If a problem crops up and we don't immediately know what might have caused it, we need to ask questions and figure out what's going on. A log file shows details about computer configuration, possible error messages, drivers, and so on. This helps us figure out what's going wrong.

You might peruse these forums and assume that Mixcraft is unstable, but keep in mind that most people who post here are only posting because they ran into a problem. The thousands upon thousands of Mixcraft users who are happily using Mixcraft with no problems generally don't bother to post.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Hall

Post by Hall »

Lately I've updated the driver of my sound card and are not sure about the origin of the problem, but playing pianissimo sometimes perceive distortion points. Volumes are adjusted so as not to saturate, so I wanted to ask you if you also occasionally perceived of distortions while playing some notes pianissimo, or not. I tried to make a video ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdCf_bZ ... e=youtu.be
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Hall wrote:Lately I've updated the driver of my sound card and are not sure about the origin of the problem, but playing pianissimo sometimes perceive distortion points. Volumes are adjusted so as not to saturate, so I wanted to ask you if you also occasionally perceived of distortions while playing some notes pianissimo, or not. I tried to make a video ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdCf_bZ ... e=youtu.be
Hello. Good music!

Windows 10? Edirol PCR50?

I did hear some clicks at the beginning but no distortion in the classical sense. If you mean 'dissonance' or 'discordance' then it certainly is there. I wondered if you were using a sustain pedal, and how you were hearing and listening to your own performance.

-h
Hall

Post by Hall »

Hello, thank you, the click you hear is due to external interference (kitchen oven ... eh eh). Yes, I use Windows 7 with Edirol PCR M-50. I did not use a hardware sustain pedal, but I set the sustain from Pianissimo settings.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Hall wrote:Hello, thank you, the click you hear is due to external interference (kitchen oven ... eh eh). Yes, I use Windows 7 with Edirol PCR M-50. I did not use a hardware sustain pedal, but I set the sustain from Pianissimo settings.
I believe that 'dissonance' is what you're hearing. Apparently the current sustain setting is carrying all those previously played chords through to the end of your phrases -- which makes them resonate together -- and it sounds harsh... just like on a real piano! :D

Actually, this is a good thing when it comes to any Piano VST and it is sometimes used as a legitimate improv technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atx5bp2X7eo

Best wishes.

-h
Hall

Post by Hall »

Wow thanks, I learned something that I did not know !! Thank you !! :)
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Hall wrote:Wow thanks, I learned something that I did not know !! Thank you !! :)
Sure. No problem. Here's some more examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l4qSFzOP68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPypnrXR8iQ

Keep us posted with what you're doing. Glad to hear from you. -h