Pianissimo Standalone Missing?

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

aareed

Pianissimo Standalone Missing?

Post by aareed »

After I upgraded to Mixcraft 8 Pro, I deleted the previous version. Now I can't find the standalone version of Pianissimo. Its VST plug-is there. How can I get the standalone version? Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Pianissimo Standalone Missing?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can try downloading and installing it again: Pianissimo Download.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
aareed

Post by aareed »

Thanks. I tried it and it worked.
SirLanceALot

Post by SirLanceALot »

Does the standalone version of Pianissimo and Spin it Again work with Win10? edit: answer is "YES"! I just loaded Pianissimo on a Win10 laptop and works fine!
By the way, you must have improved the engine or something. Pianissimo seem to take a much smaller hit on the CPU than before.
Lance
Mixcraft user since Ver 1 (when it still fit on a floppy disk!)
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

For me at least, the standalone does not install with Mixcraft 8. I had to download it separately. This actually saved Pianissimo for me as I've noticed the Mixcraft vsti's have some distorted reverb artifacts while the standalone & it's vsti don't.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

sjoens wrote:For me at least, the standalone does not install with Mixcraft 8. I had to download it separately. This actually saved Pianissimo for me as I've noticed the Mixcraft vsti's have some distorted reverb artifacts while the standalone & it's vsti don't.
Could you explain more on this issue? I too noticed today that Pianissimo as a stand-alone ran fine, but when I open it in MixCraft 8, there is an odd light distortion in the sound. It runs fine in MixCraft 7, but has this issue in 8. Very odd.

Thx!
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

I explained it here and only notice it with the Cathedral reverb preset.

I don't know about MC7 but it's there in Sonar and the new Cakewalk and even when I load it in SaviHost as a vsti standalone.

If MC7 & MC8 have their own vsti's, check their file dates. If they differ, just delete the MC8 versions and replace them with copies of the MC7 versions.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.