How to include voice presets in MIDI file

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

ClaudeVeziau

How to include voice presets in MIDI file

Post by ClaudeVeziau »

Hi,I'm a very old Pianissimo registered owner since 2008, still love and use Pianissimofor all these years :D

I wrote a topic in 2009 about saving user edits and also how to effect program changes in a midi file so that Pianissimo can start on my chosen preset voice instead of the default Solo Grand Piano when I play a midi song.

Greg answered that my request would be sent to the developers but unfortunately, my wish was never answered :( _ or was it?

Like to get a reply to this one :shock:

How about it, people?

Thanks
Claude
Claude Veziau, songwriter, composer, performer
Music is Life!
Acoustica Greg

Re: How to include voice presets in MIDI file

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hello Claude,

We haven't really been updating Pianissimo. We did make a 64-bit version of the plugin for our Mixcraft Pro Studio software, but other than that, the "meat" of the software hasn't been updated. We've been busy working on Mixcraft itself.

Thank you again for the suggestion!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ClaudeVeziau

Post by ClaudeVeziau »

Hi Greg,
thanks for the reply. Too bad there is still no solution to my 10 year old problem :(
I do use Mixcraft for my audio projects, but as the program, I find, has very limited midi editing functionalities, I prefer using another midi program for MIDI projects and it is very annoying not to be able to write program changes for Pianissimo in a midi file.
This is, for me, the only downside to Mixcraft: it never has been much for midi editing although I used to be on the beta testing team and repeatedly tried to get your developers to take us midi freaks into account, it has somehow never been done :(
Ah well... :roll: , guess my wish will never be answered...
regards
Claude
Claude Veziau, songwriter, composer, performer
Music is Life!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Have you tried Mixcraft 8?

Greg
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

A year later it seems "maybe"? I have the latest Standalone Pianissimo and MC8Pro When I save a midi recording with a preset it always loads with that preset, even if I change the preset before loading it.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

I love Pianissimo for it's simplicity and sound. When I just want to plunk it's what I go to. To me it's like the piano in the living room that I grew up with...very 1974 :lol:

Make nice with the original coder...there is a money to be made on a simple, functional Pianissimo front end to something like Musescore. Pianissimo to Musescore would be like heaven.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

freightgod wrote:I love Pianissimo for it's simplicity and sound. When I just want to plunk it's what I go to. To me it's like the piano in the living room that I grew up with...very 1974 :lol:

Make nice with the original coder...there is a money to be made on a simple, functional Pianissimo front end to something like Musescore. Pianissimo to Musescore would be like heaven.
Standalone Pianissimo has an option to save as a MIDI file, which could then be imported into Musescore.