Using VST

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Joshafro

Using VST

Post by Joshafro »

Hi, I just downloaded the trial version of this to use as a VST in LMMS, however I can't seem to get it working. I'm using VeSTige, none of the files (.dll and .exe) in the Pianissimo folder will work to load as a VST, any idea why this is or how I could get it going? Thanks
Acoustica Greg

Re: Using VST

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

When you install Pianissimo, the installer asks where you want to put the VST file, which is a DLL file. You would then make sure that your DAW is searching that particular VST folder for plugins.

Note: the standalone version of Pianissimo is 32-bit, so you'd have to be able to load 32-bit plugins.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Joshafro

Post by Joshafro »

Ah, there was my first mistake, I'd just assumed that it would install everything to the same location like an idiot and didn't bother checking the rest of my pc for a separate folder for the dll. Got it working now that I've found the correct file, thanks for the help
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know my suggestion helped!

Yeah, the VST DLLs are always put into a VST folder. That way, the host software doesn't have to search through a bunch of non-VST DLL files to find the actual plugins.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101