Piano roll is horrible

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Heroes 3DO

Piano roll is horrible

Post by Heroes 3DO »

Hey I wanna give feedback. The piano is horrible. It does not recognize the buttons fast enough. It only registers if you do it slow.
FL studio, MPC beats and Magix music studio has better Piano recognition than Mixcraft. So yeah just wanna give feedback on this issue. So you guys can fix it in next version. I use Akai Mini and the piaono keys recognition in Mixcraft is horrible. I want to do it fast but mixcraft only register it slow.
freightgod

Re: Piano roll is horrible

Post by freightgod »

Don't smoke all of that by yourself.
Heroes 3DO

Post by Heroes 3DO »

freightgod wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:44 pm Don't smoke all of that by yourself.
Mixcraft is awesome DAW. But the piano recognition is horrible. I be sticking with FL studio and Magix Samplitude in the meantime. I hope Mixcraft gets better piano recognition in Mixcraft 10.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

The problem may be your gear or configuration.

Lots of people using it with no problems.

Just saying.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Heroes 3DO

Post by Heroes 3DO »

Mark Bliss wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:27 pm The problem may be your gear or configuration.

Lots of people using it with no problems.

Just saying.
There is nothing wrong with configuration or gear. It is actually inferior to other DAW input. I have been using FL Studio and Magix for years. I speak from experience when comparing Mixcraft with other Daws. I notice that Mixcraft is actually inferior when it comes to piano inputs. And if you try to play fast songs. Many inputs are not being registered in Mixcraft.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Maybe you could clarify.

Your thread title says "piano roll" but your content seems to be about something else.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
outteh

Post by outteh »

Latency, which is what you are describing a delay in time from when you press a key until the sound occurs, is a combination of the capability of your audio interface and the signal being sent from your controller. Since you don't mention what your audio settings are in your other daw's you might try comparing and see if you can lower the buffer settings in Mixcraft and use the ASIO drivers. :D