Pianissimo standalone bug...

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Dabzy1978

Pianissimo standalone bug...

Post by Dabzy1978 »

New user, so, hello...

Anyway, yeah, quick summary...

Opened Pianissimo (Standalone, registered newest version going off what check for update says), played using my m-audio keyboard, while not using mouse or normal tippy tappy keyboard, computer goes to sleep, wake computer, couple of messages from Pianissimo saying it had lost the audio device, then found it again... Got rid of them by clicking "OK", but Pianissimo hangs from there, so you need to shut it down via right-click on the Pianissimo icon in the taskbar and "Close Window"...

Meanwhile, in the background, it seems to be filling up the file:-

C:\Users\$username$\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Pianissimo\PianissimoHost-Log.txt

Like, proper filling it up, to the point there is no more room on the system (I've just had to delete the file which ended up being 125gig in size.)

Thus, little error messages cropping up on Windows 10 stating there's no more space, I first noticed a Google Chrome warning about hard drive space, and tracked it down to that file.

No biggy, just make sure to close Pianissimo completely, delete that file and your away again.

It does reoccur every time the above happens!

So yeah, there seems to be a bit of an issue in the software.

Kind regards

- Michael
sjoens

Re: Pianissimo standalone bug...

Post by sjoens »

No idea why that's happening. No idea why no one's responded for almost a year.

I've use Pianissimo for a few years now with an outboard controller and no issues like this.
My log file is currently 33KB.
I have computer "Sleep" turned OFF which may help some of your issues.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Pianissimo standalone bug...

Post by Acoustica Greg »

It's also good to exit the application from time to time. Don't just leave Pianissimo open. The log file is overwritten every time you run Pianissimo.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101