'Popping' issue

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Tazzitek

'Popping' issue

Post by Tazzitek »

Hey there,

So I'm using Pianissimo with Mixcraft 9 Pro, and it seems to have a kind of pop occasionally around the lower end of the piano. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is and how to replicate it, but it currently seems to be happening after D1 has been hit three times in quick succession, then held on a fourth hit. It sounds like an audio jack being pulled without turning down the amp first. And when reverb is on, that sound is amplified into what I can only call thunder (or the piano being dropped from high enough to destroy it).
I have my audio quality set to 192kHz and 32 bit float.
I have recorded it with and without reverb, and attached it to this message.

I hope someone can help me with this, as I really liked using this VST!

Cheers,
Hayden
Attachments
Pianissimo pop.mp3
(569.39 KiB) Downloaded 496 times
Acoustica Greg

Re: 'Popping' issue

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That sounds like a problem with your Sound Device preference settings. Make sure your latency or buffers aren't set too low. If you have an audio interface that provides an ASIO driver, try ASIO mode.

If those things, don't help, please provide more information about your playback device and which settings you're using.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Tazzitek

Re: 'Popping' issue

Post by Tazzitek »

Hi Greg, thanks for the reply.

I have just tried ASIO mode, and I'm getting no sound at all. However, I have since restarted my computer, and the issue seems to have gone. I had noted that it was only happening at velocities of over about 100. I'm now wondering if it might have something to do with available memory?

Cheers,
Hayden