Other piano models?

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

karrikuh

Other piano models?

Post by karrikuh »

Hi,

are there any plans of extending Pianissimo with samples of other piano models? In particular an upright model would be great. I'm aware there are various sound presets available, but, as I understand, these only influence the sound shaping (filtereing etc) of the available sample data.

Thanks.

Dominique
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We don't currently have any plans to create other piano models, but thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I vote for a yamaha. not the c7, but a c1 - 3 range. Something that you find more commonly. Tuned not to digital perfection, but just how you'd find a regular piano. (not parlor or honkytonk sounding, but just "normally" good) Resulting in a.. well, a regular piano sound that's not all juiced up to sound like an out of this world perfect piano. I think jazz people would appreciate the sound, and also people who play acoustic piano a lot, will actually associate better with the sound. Most acoustics sound nothing like sampled pianos afterall, since sampled pianos are so perfect, and usually it's pianos most people will never even see in their lifetime.

Or how about the opposite, the CFIII concert grand. You see C7 samples here and there, like QuantumLeap piano, NI Akoustic, Vintaudio Ultimate C7 (now gone), sampletekk 7CG (soft sounding), and a PMI one if I remember... but I don't think I've seen a CFIII sampled. But I guess for CFIII it would result in a more serious VSTi geared towards studio production.. which although seems to be within the scope of pianissimo's audience, isn't the main audience.. so maybe it's not aligned with the company's product vision.

Anyway, just ideas.
phxchristian

Ivory

Post by phxchristian »

Have you heard of Ivory?

It's more expensive than Pianissimo and has 45 GB of recordings and they have a variety of piano models including tack pianos and uprights and you can position the virtual microphone where you want in the piano. The best one is the Italian Grand.