pianissimo

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

tyedyesound

pianissimo

Post by tyedyesound »

i have downloaded the software for this but how do i bring it in as a virtual instrument, so i can use it?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Which DAW are you trying to use it with? Mixcraft or some other host software?
tyedyesound

Post by tyedyesound »

fforgive me, but what is DAW? i am just using Mixcraft, i didnt think i needed anything else but Mixcraft to use Pianissimo.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you just went ahead and installed Pianissimo to its default folders, you should be able to open up Mixcraft, then click on a keyboard icon to the left of an instrument track and select "<Instruments>" from the Category list in order to find Pianissimo.

Greg

P.S. DAW stands for "Digital Audio Workstation," which includes Mixcraft and other similar programs.
toddo

Logic Studio

Post by toddo »

Hi, Can I use Pianissimo with Logic Studio 8/MainStage as a plug in or will I have to wait until you come out with a Mac version? I have already tried to use the program by booting directly into Bootcamp where I'm running XP Pro, but it does not work. I'm using a Presonus FireBox for MIDI interface.

Thanks,
Todd
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Does that program load VST plugins? If so, it should work, as long as you've booted with Windows XP. Make sure the software is set to search the folder where the Pianissimo VST plugin was installed.

Greg
toddo

Logic

Post by toddo »

Hi Greg,

I'm trying to get away from using XP as I'm doing all my recording on the Mac side in Logic. Will Pianissimo work as a plug in on the Mac side?

Thanks,
Todd
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi Todd,

We haven't developed a Macintosh compatible plugin at this time. That's a possibility for the future, but not the immediate future.

Greg
nathan_h

Re:

Post by nathan_h »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi Todd,

We haven't developed a Macintosh compatible plugin at this time. That's a possibility for the future, but not the immediate future.

Greg
A few years later, looks like no movement in this area to port to the Mac. Is this still on the roadmap?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Re:

Post by Acoustica Greg »

nathan_h wrote:A few years later, looks like no movement in this area to port to the Mac. Is this still on the roadmap?
Nothing to report at this time. We do not have a Macintosh version of Pianissimo in the works.
nathan_h

Re: pianissimo

Post by nathan_h »

Fair enough.

Looks like I should sell my license and use that to buy a virtual piano that is cross platform.
traveler

Post by traveler »

Can I use my new m-audio 66 keyboard with the pianissimo software even though the software is set up for 88 keys.
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

traveler wrote:Can I use my new m-audio 66 keyboard with the pianissimo software even though the software is set up for 88 keys.
It will work, no problem! :D
*Vibrant Audio*