Pianissamo midi player and tempo change?

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

lkingston

Pianissamo midi player and tempo change?

Post by lkingston »

I was just checking out the Pianissimo demo and love the sound. Two things that I've noticed right off the bat though.

1/ The midi player doesn't support tempo changes. The piano part that I tried to import and then export as a wave no longer follows the tempo map it originally had.

2/ Some sort of normalizer would be nice. Right now I have to kind of guess the maximum level, export it at 24 bits, import it into Sound Forge, normalize it, then dither it down to 16 bits.

Those are my two complaints. That and I wouldn't mind if you left the chorus unit off.

On the positive side, this is the best acoustic piano emulation I've heard. I love the modeled resonance layer. I hate sampled resonance. It doesn't sound natural. It jumps right out at you as being fake. This piano is the first virtual one that doesn't jump out at me as being fake. To say I like it would be a complete understatement. I LOVE it. This is the piano I've been waiting for for years.

I just posted my first piece with it on my Myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/larrykingston

It is the first piece called "The Rhodes Not Taken" as in "this piano sound is good enough that I didn't have to use the stupid Rhodes patch finally!"
lkingston

Post by lkingston »

OK, I tried it again with another piece and this time the rendered piano part did slow down a little at the end like it was supposed to. What is the deal with midi sequences and tempo changes? Here's the piece with a little slowdown of the piano at the end. I saved the piano part as a midi file, rendered it in Pianissimo, and imported it back into Propellerheads Record:

http://apps.burst-dev.com/music/player. ... start=true

Also, what happens to loud notes in Pianissimo when you render the audio? Will it distort or is there some sort of maximum volume built into the rendering?