AISO Problems

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

danstein97405@gmail.com

AISO Problems

Post by danstein97405@gmail.com »

I am a new Pianissimo user. I have a newer Windows 7 Laptop. Lenovo. I downloaded AISO4ALL a couple days ago and to my happy amazement, it worked great, reducing my latency from 20 ms with WaveRT to 4 ms. Until yesterday, when it stopped working. There is some weird conflict going on now that I can't figure out. AISO won't recognize any output options.

I have (supposedly) the current Conexant sound card driver. The AISO4ALL manual doesn't help either.

Any thoughts?

TIA
Dan
danstein97405@gmail.com

ASIO Update

First: Its ASIO, not AISO. Yeah, I'm new to this stuff.

Next, I downladed ASIO2WASAPI from sourceforge.

Now ASIO works on Pianissimo ---IF--- I select ASIO2WAPSAPI first and then ASIO4ALL, which still shows as not working, but now does.

Something weird is going on but I have very low latency sound and am happy. There is a bug somewhere, probably in the smartaudio interface for my Conexant card. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

-Dan
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yeah this would not have anything to do with pianissimo, it's between your card and the asio driver. asio4all is a generic driver that doesn't work great for every card. You're probably better off using wavrt or getting an audio interface such as this http://www.zzounds.com/a--884887/item--MDOFTRACKPRO
Which will come with it's own geniuine asio driver.
Stjamesg8

Post by Stjamesg8 »

I had very slight latency issues as well on my Vista 32 bit system using WaveRT, so downloaded and installed ASIO4ALL which fixed the latency completely. So for me, ASIO is the only way to go... HOWEVER... it doesn't always start when opening Pianissimo. Sometimes I have to open Pianissimo two or three times before the sound kicks in. So there are issues. But absolutely no latency with ASIO on my Vista system and seems to sound cleaner than with WaveRT. Still evaluating the trial version.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yes for some sound cards asio4all works great, for others it doesn't work at all. The author might change it's name to asio4some :-)
Stjamesg8

Re: re

Post by Stjamesg8 »

Acoustica Eric wrote:Yes for some sound cards asio4all works great, for others it doesn't work at all. The author might change it's name to asio4some :-)
Exactly. But at least it works for some, and for that I'm thankful. Even the slightest latency drives me nuts.
danstein97405@gmail.com

ASIO Update

I've been using Pianissimo for a few weeks now and really like it. I am using my weird system of bringing up the two generic drivers in a certain order to make ASIO work, but it does.

I checked with DELL. All their new laptops have built-in ASIO support.

I also found any latency at all unacceptable (as with the WaveRT). I suppose if you were playing a pipe organ it would be OK, but not on a grand piano! Nevertheless, but I am a happy camper now.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I am the same way about latency, anything more than zero and I won't use it.