Melodyne freeze on initialize

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Anorax

Melodyne freeze on initialize

Post by Anorax »

I'm on the Insider Preview Windows 10 update (build 16184) and whenever I try to start Mixcraft with Melodyne installed, Mixcraft hangs on start. The log always ends at an entry that reads "Melodyne is successfully integrated!" after which Mixcraft refuses to continue initialization.

This only occurs when Melodyne is installed and detected by Mixcraft, so I'm wanting to say that this might be a Melodyne bug related to one of the insider builds of the Win10 Creator's Update.
aj113

Re: Melodyne freeze on initialize

Post by aj113 »

"Initialize Melodyne" adds 30 seconds to project load up time for me. As it doesn't work for me anyway, how do I uninstall it?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Anorax wrote:I'm on the Insider Preview Windows 10 update (build 16184) and whenever I try to start Mixcraft with Melodyne installed, Mixcraft hangs on start. The log always ends at an entry that reads "Melodyne is successfully integrated!" after which Mixcraft refuses to continue initialization.

This only occurs when Melodyne is installed and detected by Mixcraft, so I'm wanting to say that this might be a Melodyne bug related to one of the insider builds of the Win10 Creator's Update.
Hi,

Have you restarted your computer since this problem started happening? If not, try that.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

aj113 wrote:"Initialize Melodyne" adds 30 seconds to project load up time for me. As it doesn't work for me anyway, how do I uninstall it?
Hi,

Just go into your Windows 10 Apps & Features or what used to be known as "Add/Remove Programs" and uninstall it.

Also, when you install Mixcraft, at the end there's a check mark to Repair or Remove Melodyne.

By the way, we're doing internal testing on an update to Melodyne that will fix an issue with Melodyne applied to tons of clips. It will show up sometime after build 396.

Greg
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

A restart has not fixed this issue. Nor has uninstalling and reinstalling Melodyne.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Anorax wrote:A restart has not fixed this issue. Nor has uninstalling and reinstalling Melodyne.
Hi,

Have you tried it with build 396? If it's happening with build 396, please submit an Acoustica Support Request and send us your Mixcraft-log.txt file.

Greg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Just a somewhat related note on Melodyne install issues:

In early testing of Mixcraft 8 PS, I discovered that if you only have the 32 bit version of Melodyne installed, and open Mixcraft 64 bit, the Embedded version wont show up for work.
You can still run the 32 bit version as a plug-in of course, but in the case of the project I was working on, (which was moderately large and complex) playback performance became unusable.
It worked fine 32 in 32 and 64 in 64 BTW.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Anorax wrote:I'm on the Insider Preview Windows 10 update (build 16184)
Hi,

Hey, I wonder if the Wave mode problem is fixed in that build? Can you please also try Wave mode?

Edited to add:

Hmmm, I think the potential fix for the Wave mode issue is actually in build 16188.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We tested Insider build 16188 -- it does fix the problem with Wave mode playback with Windows 10 Creators Update, and we're not getting a freeze with Melodyne.

Greg
Reboot50

Post by Reboot50 »

Nov. 2021. Cloned HD to new Dell. Mix Craft Pro Studio 9, stops initializing (loading) at Melodyne? 10 hours trying! Need it for work.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Reboot50 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:19 pm Nov. 2021. Cloned HD to new Dell. Mix Craft Pro Studio 9, stops initializing (loading) at Melodyne? 10 hours trying! Need it for work.
Hi,

Go to Celemony.com and log in to (or create) your account there and make sure that the version of Melodyne you're using is activated on your new computer. If there is a Melodyne 5 update available there, download and install that.

Greg