Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

hamish

Re: Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

Post by hamish »

It's great that there's so much enthusiasm for Mixcraft, but I think we need to remember how we all got here, for me it's the ability to do things very quickly on a program that loads instantly, is extremely reliable and is not over complicated.

Let's not lose that please.

My one gripe is the meters. Please put some legend on them, maybe with some peak hold facility.
chibear

Post by chibear »

For the UI:

1. The ability to collapse the Project, Sound, Mixer, and Library Tabs by touching the Tabs.

2. Attach the child tracks of multi-channel tracks to the lane they respond to as opposed to underneath all the lanes as it is now.

3. The ability to insert small text fields anywhere in the project for chord changes, etc.

For the Piano Roll:

1. The ability to make your own drum maps for 3rd party VSTs

2. An Arppegiator (Like FL Studio)

3. A way to automate any CC#. ie Miroslav Philharmonik uses CC13 for something. EWQLSO uses CC5 to turn a legato script on & off. I'm also looking at the Kirk Hunter libraries which make use of many CC#s outside the ordinary ones. Unless I missed something I can't access those in V6.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Cjax wrote: -The ability to COMPLETELY send a track to a send track/bus so the original track has zero output and it's only coming out of the send/bus. <-----
Pre-Amp send did this in Mx6
- - - - - -

Although, I've seen it mentioned here too, and I can't believe I forgot, but

Beatcraft-like integration into Mixcraft would be grand. This would make drum programming much more in-depth, especially if you can control parameters such as pitch for each individual sample and every single instance of each sample (much like the "rate" control in Beatcraft)

- - - - - -

chibear, two of your three suggestions for the piano roll already exist.
1. can be made by adding a drum map txt to the drum map folder. I don't know where it is at the moment, but you can always check the MX6 help file about it. I'm sure it's there.
3. you can edit every CC by clicking on the dropdown for CC and typing the CCID into the box instead of picking from the dropdown.
chibear

Post by chibear »

Hey Anorax. Thanks for those.
1. can be made by adding a drum map txt to the drum map folder. I don't know where it is at the moment, but you can always check the MX6 help file about it. I'm sure it's there.
Now I remember seeing that. It's pretty geeky and time consuming :shock: I'm hoping for something I can do in the UI. Some of the Storm Drum maps take the whole keyboard. I would like to map the 4 or 5 I'm using on a particular project. I would't really even need to save it.
3. you can edit every CC by clicking on the dropdown for CC and typing the CCID into the box instead of picking from the dropdown.
Thanks :D You've made me a very happy man. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks :lol:
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

I still can't get normalize to work properly or does it work for individual tracks?
groover888

Post by groover888 »

Please add output in the audio options! Or on the mixer tab perhaps?
I cannot use my 8 outs on my saffire pro 40!

The only way , is to create an output bus ; which is bad for my work !

Mat
groover888

Post by groover888 »

And yes,

Please add the function to control all fader with controllers "! :P Weve been waiting enough longer :P
Studio 919

Post by Studio 919 »

The main thing I would like is better control surface support. I use a ZOOM R16 and after setting it up in MC6 Pro Studio I can make volume adjustments to the "selected track" only. (This has been discussed in previous threads).

When I first got in to audio recording I was trying to use REAPER, which incorporates Mackie Emulation for control surface utilization. In REAPER I could adjust volume of multiple tracks all at the same time without have to select a specific track. Maybe incorporating Mackie Emulation would accomplish this.

Thanks
No matter where you go, there you are.

TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

A mono/stereo switch on the master track.

I use a plugin and find it very useful to reference mixes.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
bob53050

Post by bob53050 »

Please consider adding the ability to insert a midi track as we do with the sound file.

Also if we could copy and paste midi tracks from one Mixcraft project file to another (maybe with 2 sessions open, copy from one to another)

Thanks for such a great product :)

Bob
Impulseman

Post by Impulseman »

While I think of it, I would love to be able to have the option to split a VST drum set in multi tracks with a minimum set of control for each drum track (separated volumes, EQ, some included minimal reverbs and FX)

Also, when choosing a track in the mixer, it would be fun to have that track auto scrolled so it shows in the upper screen. When I have 16 or more tracks, it would come in handy to immediately see that particular one I'm working on. It could be added as an option in the project. Or, add a small numeric panel with track numbers that we could click on to get to the one we want.

As it is now Mixcraft 6 Pro works awesomely for me, except that it crashes randomly (very seldom) with some VSTs. But I understand that some free plugins are poorly made/simply not made for all DAWs.

Mentioned already, Solo on multiple tracks..

All in all, I'm really satisfied now with MC Pro 6.
First, the price was just right for my budget, but I wouldn't complain if it was a few bucks more, with an improved version.
Secondly, as mentioned, I have to agree that the more you add to MC, the heavier it gets and the longer it takes to open/operate it.

After all, Mixcraft was made for ease of use and simplicity.

Mixcraft makers, You Rock!
Acer, Intel i7 870, 6GB DDR3 RAM, ATI HD 5570 WD 1.5TB HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition
Asus A11D AMD Intel core i5 4460S, 12GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon R7 240, 1TB Seagate Hybrid HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition (version 1909) Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 468
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

I have suggested this in the past...
1. Please, please give us the ability to change the track background color from white ... to a darker background. It's quite tiring to stare at a bright background while working. Most DAW's have implemented this feature because they are aware of this situation. Apparently Mixcraft lags behind with this obvious shortcoming.

2. What is the sense of a BeatCraft without an implementation capability to Mixcraft ?!? - It's a great program. Make it a VST Too ! - Some people that don't like Mixcraft may want to use it with another system.

Guys, it's 2013 not 1998 :wink:
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Here's another idea that I think is rather interesting: when you freeze a track, instument or audio, what if you program Mixcraft to superimpose the waveform for the frozen track's output over the frozen track itself?

rIt could bee set at a partial apps level, duo you can still see the original instrument and audio clips behind this superimposed waveform, while supplying a visual representation of the frozen track's audio output.
viper-2

Post by viper-2 »

groover888 wrote:And yes,

Please add the function to control all fader with controllers "! :P Weve been waiting enough longer :P
Hallelujah on this one! :mrgreen:
Louis B

Post by Louis B »

Warning - Whatever you include - Please keep MC7 simple!

I began sequencing with the Fairlight II and III in the 1980's, so understand very well how to get the most of little. In recent years I purchased Cubase 5 and Sonar X2, but gave up because of their increasingly complex, bloated and over-featured GUI's. In fact, the only modern DAW I found instantaneously easy and productive was Yamaha's freebie SQ01 v2 which was unfortunately quashed in the deal with Steinberg and never progressed beyond XP.

I only found MC6 Pro last November and have never had a more productive period since selling my Fairlight III (which I now sincerely regret). I've even started using your excellent loops! (akin to a skier taking up snow-boarding).

My only comment would be to smarten the midi instrument and FX selection pages, as they look a bit basic.

P.S. I found the suggestion by Anorax regards the implementation of pre-set automation curves (as per Fruity Loops) a very useful one.
Last edited by Louis B on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yamaha CS80, Elka Synthex Mk2, Korg Oasys 76, Oberheim OB8, Open Labs Neko LX61, DSI Poly Evolver, Kurzweil PC3K8, Moog Taurus I & III, Roland Super JX-10, Integra-7, V-Synth, JD-800, Varios, Novation Supernova II, Mackie D8B & HDR-24.