Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Rat Sass

Re: Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

Post by Rat Sass »

And, maybe a "record automation" button for each track (that would, of course, cancel the same function on any other tracks) that would allow you to adjust volume, pan, effects and such on the fly, instead of having to insert those points on the track.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Rat Sass wrote:And, maybe a "record automation" button for each track (that would, of course, cancel the same function on any other tracks) that would allow you to adjust volume, pan, effects and such on the fly, instead of having to insert those points on the track.
It would be very nice if that was coming in Mixcraft 7 ;)
lars
Location: http://www.thesessionguitarist.com/onli ... rvice.html

Post by lars »

gypsy101 wrote:
lars wrote:
Windows 7 needs already 1 - 2 GB ram. Then put a nice Piano sample library in mixcraft which needs also 1-2 GB Ram and including a few good vst plug ins you are already at the limit.
Only thing completely outdated for now. This had to come first actually, even with the updates, not upgrades. Emulations become better and need more ressources. To work with 4Gb ram nowday is completely out of reality.
my latest song has 3 or 4 different CPU intensive keyboards,over 40 tracks w/ beaucoup fx,channel strip vst's,etc. & I'm only @ 28-30% resource usage w/ only 3 of 4gb RAM running & Windows 7 32bit.

all of that w/ an intensive background & internet on 1/2 the time.

maybe you just need to optimize your comp better for recording. :wink:
Romale... :) Thank you gypsy, I really appreciate and I m always open for optimizing suggestions.

I optimized my pc for audio following the echo manual http://echoaudio.com/pages/faq

I have a PC with asus mainboard, intel i3 dualcore (3.3 ghz), windows 7, 64bit,I keep it clean from internet (means I just connect when I need to update mixcraft or other software, I don't have cracks, just purchased software, just music software ! no antivirus program running (cpu hog). When I had problems after installing a new plugin, I played it back (made an image from the "virgin" setup).

I also don't have any problems with many audio tracks, the problem appears with good virtual instruments http://www.galaxy-instruments.com/vintage-d.html which requires 2GB at least, and good compressor emulations (sknote). My plugins are from sonimus, stillwell, sknote, valhalla vintage verb, variety of sound a.s.o. My favourite guitar amp sim is S-Gear from scuffham. Sounds fantastic but also needs a lot of resources. If you can make this kind of plug ins run on 30-40 instances than I m really open to get the secret ;)

http://www.thesessionguitarist.com/nebula-programs.html
FlyingsCool

Post by FlyingsCool »

I imagine it's a little late for suggestions, but I've got a couple more. Sorry if I already asked for these.

1. Can we please kill the notification popup that tells me I just hooked up an interface to my computer. I know I just connected something, you don't have to tell me. My computer is my work laptop computer and the configuration changes all the time. That little popup window telling me I just connected or turned off my interface is a major pain in the butt. You don't need to be proactive about telling me a device was connected. I can easily tell if I did it wrong or right by looking at the setup dialogs, thank you.

2. Is there any way we can fix it so I don't send Mixcraft into never never land when I accidentally turn off my ASIO interface before switching to Windows RT in the setup dialog. I realize this is probably a Windows thing, and I just need to deal with it. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. There's lots of smart people out there who know more than I about this stuff. At least Mixcraft is better than Reaper and will sometimes come back if I turn the interface back on again. Reaper just kills the whole computer and I have to reboot if I screw up like that. I'm using Windows 7 Pro btw on an HP 8560w Elitebook laptop with 16 GB of memory.

Thanks... How's the development going btw?

Love the product, btw, it's working very well for me :)
dung_beetle

Post by dung_beetle »

(Gee, I always click on the New Topic button first, why on earth is that under an existing thread?!)

Anyway, maybe there should be an option to disable all confirmation and other dialogues (such as the one you mentioned), for people who hate clicking and know what they are doing :D
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

FlyingsCool wrote:I imagine it's a little late for suggestions, but I've got a couple more. Sorry if I already asked for these.

1. Can we please kill the notification popup that tells me I just hooked up an interface to my computer. I know I just connected something, you don't have to tell me. My computer is my work laptop computer and the configuration changes all the time. That little popup window telling me I just connected or turned off my interface is a major pain in the butt. You don't need to be proactive about telling me a device was connected. I can easily tell if I did it wrong or right by looking at the setup dialogs, thank you.
most usually plug in or turn an interface on before launching Mixcraft or any other DAW.
2. Is there any way we can fix it so I don't send Mixcraft into never never land when I accidentally turn off my ASIO interface before switching to Windows RT in the setup dialog.
well don't do that.
I realize this is probably a Windows thing, and I just need to deal with it. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. There's lots of smart people out there who know more than I about this stuff. At least Mixcraft is better than Reaper and will sometimes come back if I turn the interface back on again. Reaper just kills the whole computer and I have to reboot if I screw up like that. I'm using Windows 7 Pro btw on an HP 8560w Elitebook laptop with 16 GB of memory.

:lol:
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

FlyingsCool wrote:I imagine it's a little late for suggestions, but I've got a couple more. Sorry if I already asked for these.

most usually plug in or turn an interface on before launching Mixcraft or any other DAW.
2. Is there any way we can fix it so I don't send Mixcraft into never never land when I accidentally turn off my ASIO interface before switching to Windows RT in the setup dialog.
well don't do that.
I realize this is probably a Windows thing, and I just need to deal with it. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. There's lots of smart people out there who know more than I about this stuff. At least Mixcraft is better than Reaper and will sometimes come back if I turn the interface back on again. Reaper just kills the whole computer and I have to reboot if I screw up like that. I'm using Windows 7 Pro btw on an HP 8560w Elitebook laptop with 16 GB of memory.

:lol:
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

(Number of replies before this: 666 - the number of matter...)

re: unload plugins / release plugin memory when freezing.
This has been addressed before, but here´s a thread on the matter (pun intended).

-helmut

Update: this matter may be inconsequential on small-ish plugins, but not on huge packages like the above, but all re-loads of a huge soft-synth will eventually exceed the available memory despite freezing, which is ironical to the very thought of freezing (preserving resources).
C# or Bb!
vargo001

Post by vargo001 »

It's hard to tell with such a long thread, so maybe someone has suggested this already: it would be nice to have a volume slider in the loop preview area. Cheers!
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

see this thread,it's been discussed before but I'm sure there's a workaround.
http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... 808#p70808
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

When I have an automation on a given track, I'd like to see the mixer reflect the actual position of the given automation in real time.

For example, let's say I have a track with a volume automation envelope on it. The fader starts out at some given level at the beginning of the song, but I then use an automation to raise the volume during playback. I'd like the mixer to reflect that change as the song plays so I can see where things actually are while listening.

This could / should apply to anything I can automate. I need to know where it is "now", not where it starts at.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Brian S wrote:When I have an automation on a given track, I'd like to see the mixer reflect the actual position of the given automation in real time.

For example, let's say I have a track with a volume automation envelope on it. The fader starts out at some given level at the beginning of the song, but I then use an automation to raise the volume during playback. I'd like the mixer to reflect that change as the song plays so I can see where things actually are while listening.

This could / should apply to anything I can automate. I need to know where it is "now", not where it starts at.
Mixcraft 7 has a Lock option for track automation (not clip automation), that causes the mixer to reflect the volume or pan automation setting.
joemac58

Post by joemac58 »

Just downloaded the Beta and I love the look but could the background for the grid be a little lighter it might just be my eyes but with the smaller lanes by default its harder for me to line up sections. How about audio routing for side chaining and no more time stretch button??
mick

Post by mick »

MIDI RESET!
midi reset seems to be a popular little item at times so could it be transferred to the GUI (maybe next to the little gear cog icon for instance) for quick and easy access?
EDIT: Or maybe not, I just found CTRL+SHIFT +M :D
lars
Location: http://www.thesessionguitarist.com/onli ... rvice.html

Post by lars »

joemac58 wrote:Just downloaded the Beta and I love the look but could the background for the grid be a little lighter it might just be my eyes but with the smaller lanes by default its harder for me to line up sections. How about audio routing for side chaining and no more time stretch button??
What !?Where is the M7 Beta Version !?!! :roll: :mrgreen: