Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

gypsy101 wrote:
Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,
We're in crunch mode and we don't have time to add new features right now!

Greg
NAMM 2015???
That, too. But mostly just trying to finish Mixcraft 7.0.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Question about bugzilla and development of Mixcraft n+1, when planning development for the next version of Mixcraft (version n+1, where n equals the current version number), do you guys go through the bugzilla logs for version n and look to see what feature requests/enhancements haven't been answered yet?

yay algebra
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Anorax wrote:Question about bugzilla and development of Mixcraft n+1, when planning development for the next version of Mixcraft (version n+1, where n equals the current version number), do you guys go through the bugzilla logs for version n and look to see what feature requests/enhancements haven't been answered yet?

yay algebra
When the software developers are looking for ideas for new features, they're looking everywhere, including bugzilla and the user forums.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

Recent Projects dropdown menu clear option.
http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... =4&t=16520

also-
when adding a Track or using a track if you could just right click on the insturment panel for that track & "add sound file" instead of having to go back to the gui header & do it.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

I'm guessing convert audio to midi isn't going to happen but I'll put it out there anyway. :lol:
chibear

Post by chibear »

After lots more beta testing, a few points.
FIrst a big +1 to Anorax's first post (BTW that was the ONLY thing I liked in FL Studio :lol: )
Anorax wrote:Alright, time to break out the big guns.

One thing that I noticed that was a big recurrence in the MX6 suggestion thread (albeit, posted after MX6 went beta) was advanced parameter controls.
most notably, this meant a tighter and more advanced control mechanism for parameter editing. The hardest thing to do with parameter editing is make curved parameter automation. currently, the more detailed you want your curve, the more points you have to manually add and, usually, manually adjust their values.
there are quite a few DAWs that have a more complex system that allows for rather complex automation patterns without extensive user input. let me insert a photo that I posted in the MX6 request thread:
2. The line extending down from the position marker (can't remember the proper name) needs more visibility. Black on gray is sometimes hard to locate even with the green pointer at the top.

3. The ability to change the order of lanes and automation lanes so you can move them closer to the sound info in the track.

Everything else is either perfect or has a work-around for me :mrgreen:
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
dung_beetle

Post by dung_beetle »

Was just working on a patch, saved it, tweaked it some more and wanted to save it again under the same name, but it always shows an empty name field when clicking on the save button. So one has to type in the very same name again and again. This is so irritating as most of my patch names are systematic and hence long. Why can't the Save New Preset dialog box display the current patch name by default?! If I want to save it under a different name, I can always delete the current name.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

dung_beetle wrote:Was just working on a patch, saved it, tweaked it some more and wanted to save it again under the same name, but it always shows an empty name field when clicking on the save button. So one has to type in the very same name again and again. This is so irritating as most of my patch names are systematic and hence long. Why can't the Save New Preset dialog box display the current patch name by default?! If I want to save it under a different name, I can always delete the current name.
it should show the previous patch name. mine does what you are describing on occasion but not all the time.
Jesse-Daniel Box

Post by Jesse-Daniel Box »

Brian S wrote: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:31 am Autosave Project. Optional. Every "X" minutes.

OMG. FFS.
we have literally been asking for this for 9 years... what gives bro
Screenshot 2023-04-24 204819.png
Screenshot 2023-04-24 204819.png (227.79 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

As you probably know, Mixcraft already creates a backup project file every time you save.

That said, yeah - an auto-save feature hasn't shown up yet for whatever reason. In the meantime, lots and lots of other requested features have shown up.

If you are finding that you crash so much that an auto-save feature becomes overly desirable, you should contact support and maybe we can figure out what's going on. You can submit an Acoustica Support Request.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101