Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Mab098157

Re: Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

Post by Mab098157 »

Thnik I have seen some simliar suggestions... Add the ability to have midi patterns in the library. I use loops for drum idea during scratch recording, but later have to remove and start midi pattern and editing. Would be nice to have a library of midi patterns to start with.
Mark Bowie
Illinois

It's all in your mind
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

I wonder if it would be possible to freeze all tracks in a submix track somehow by just clicking freeze on the submix track itself??
that sure would be a timesaver.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

gypsy101 wrote:I wonder if it would be possible to freeze all tracks in a submix track somehow by just clicking freeze on the submix track itself??
that sure would be a timesaver.
Now that's a good, simple idea Gypsy! I like it!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mschack

Post by mschack »

Hi guys,

I am just getting back into mixcraft and I saw this post, so I thought I'd drop in a few suggestions...

Mixer View:
-In the Mixer area add a collapse/expand button on sub-mix tracks to hide or show them
-Put the track names at the top of the mixer, and larger
-Make a collapse/expand button for the Send/EQ/Output area so you can expand gain control without having to size the mixer.
-Beside each EQ knob, put a small LED type indicator to show the output at each freq range.
-When you right click the FX buttons, instead of opening every VST, give a drop down list.

Automation:
-Make a new Tab at the bottom to handle automation selections, sometimes the lists are huge and navigating a single list box can be annoying, possibly with the ability to enable/disable and clear each automation channel.
-Treat automation data like MIDI track clips, that can be copied, pasted, looped etc... each in their own lane, along with maybe some automation effects, like pre-set patterns or offset modification, sort of like MIDI effects. I actually don't think I've ever seen this, it might be unique. Automation editing is usually a pain wherever you go.

MIDI Sequencer:
-For virtual instrument tracks, allow the integration of sequencer clips along side the MIDI clips. The clip would be the size of the #of steps * note duration( 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 etc...), when clicked it would open a sequencer Tab at the bottom where you could program the sequence. Then you could treat them like midi clips by looping, copying, pasting etc. Load/Save of these patterns would be cool too.

Regards
duffman

Post by duffman »

I am currently not a user. However I have DL'd and tried the demo.
The major thing that is keeping me from moving to MC at this time is the lack of
full Mackie MCU implementation/integration.
I have read the posts where Acoustics might be working on Mackie MCU implementation for v7.
If they get it done, I'm comin on over.

The only other thing is, and this may have been because it was the demo,
I had a heck of a hard time with the library function. I have a dedicated HD full of commercial and home made loops and samples already parcelled out in folders and arranged the way I want them.
The library wanted to re-catagorize them which I didn't like.

Thank you,

Duff
MikeDVI

Post by MikeDVI »

Well I know I have seen this asked before, so I apologize for any/all duplications. As a newer user, I would KILL to be able to split the undocked mixer so it wraps on my second monitor. IE 10 tracks top, 10 tracks underneath or whatever.

What an awesome program!! Keep up the good work everybody!

Thanks

Mike
Johnblive

Post by Johnblive »

Upgrade to 64 bit, for more RAM availability
dung_beetle

Post by dung_beetle »

I think it should be streamlined. There is too much clicking. For instance when I start MC and want to access a synth. First I have to click to open the plugin browser, which opens too small, so I either have to click in order to enlarge the browser or to scroll. Actually, a VST folder edit feature would be nice so one can keep plugins one never uses from being displayed in the list.

When I am editing a VST patch, there should be a simple save option (in addition to the save as option) to overwrite the old version without entering the name again.

There should also be previous and next patch arrow buttons plus maybe even a last edited patch button in the VST window, which would save hard-core sound designers some clicking and scrolling.
I would also be cool if one could choose to display only user patches in the patch drop down list, or at least if user patches were displayed before factory presets.

And of course I am still waiting for the possibility to save individual fxp patches to some user folder and load them from there individually so I can access the patches I made in another DAW and exchange them with others.

Using a MIDI step sequencer or arp plugin within a rack is also still missing.

And a mixer knob for adjusting stereo panorama spread like in other DAWs. So far I have to use an external mono-stereo effect plugin.

The fonts of the user interface a bit small and fragile, thus hard to read. But maybe I am just getting old :lol:
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

MikeDVI wrote:Well I know I have seen this asked before, so I apologize for any/all duplications. As a newer user, I would KILL to be able to split the undocked mixer so it wraps on my second monitor. IE 10 tracks top, 10 tracks underneath or whatever.

Thanks

Mike
you can spread the mixer screen wider up to a point if you adjust your monitor's resolution.
I'm just going too blind to do it for more than about 10 tracks. :lol:
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

gypsy101 wrote:
MikeDVI wrote:Well I know I have seen this asked before, so I apologize for any/all duplications. As a newer user, I would KILL to be able to split the undocked mixer so it wraps on my second monitor. IE 10 tracks top, 10 tracks underneath or whatever.

Thanks

Mike
you can spread the mixer screen wider up to a point if you adjust your monitor's resolution.
I think he's talking about having a vertical dual-monitor display, and having mixer tracks show up on both monitors (hence "10 on top, 10 underneath")

Although you could probably circumvent this by programming your computer into thinking you're using a horizontal dual-monitor layout and then drag the mixer out to wrap across the "horizontal" combined screen width, but then you'll have complications with moving your mouse between the two monitors (which will still be in a vertical layout)

I can certainly see what MikeDVI is talking about, and I have to agree, more versatility with the Mixer view would be great (especially since it is the potentially widest editing tab in Mixcraft).
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

Anorax wrote:
gypsy101 wrote:

Thanks

Mike
I think he's talking about having a vertical dual-monitor display, and having mixer tracks show up on both monitors (hence "10 on top, 10 underneath")

Although you could probably circumvent this by programming your computer into thinking you're using a horizontal dual-monitor layout and then drag the mixer out to wrap across the "horizontal" combined screen width, but then you'll have complications with moving your mouse between the two monitors (which will still be in a vertical layout)

I can certainly see what MikeDVI is talking about, and I have to agree, more versatility with the Mixer view would be great (especially since it is the potentially widest editing tab in Mixcraft).

what would also be good is be able to drag the actual track screen to the left minimizing the track listing w/ the little x's or closing it entirely.I never use that part personally.
chibear

Post by chibear »

what would also be good is be able to drag the actual track screen to the left minimizing the track listing w/ the little x's or closing it entirely.I never use that part personally.
I'm on the other side of the coin. I rarely use the mixer mostly because I balance as I write, so by the time I get to actually 'mixing' it amounts to adjusting the volume of individual events within a track, BUT I did try your suggestion with dual monitors and got 30 tracks across the screens while still able to use the transport controls. If somehow they could float the transport controls I could fit 32 probably.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

back to that master fx chain bypass,that would be so handy like.... yesterday. :wink:
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

A global effects bypass is high on my wish list. I suspect the trick would be separating effects VST's from VSTi's and plug ins like amp sims and such that you may not want to bypass.
I also am a big fan of the un-dockable transport bar, and a way to turn off the double click opening of the sounds tab. Accidental opening of the sounds tab is a real annoyance for me when editing.
Having a more powerful wave editor in the sounds tab would be a big improvement overall as well. As it stands, I really cant make the sounds tab a workable component of my workflow for editing.

But heres an all new idea. (to me) I would sure enjoy having a similar but simple editing tool!
http://www.puremix.net/video/pro-tools- ... lence.html
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

mbliss wrote: But heres an all new idea. (to me) I would sure enjoy having a similar but simple editing tool!
http://www.puremix.net/video/pro-tools- ... lence.html
The Mixcraft wave editor actually has something similar to this, the noise reduction/removal tool. Open the in-app wave editor and switch noise reduction from "off" to any percentile value. Two noise handles should appear, which lets you select a section of the track that is completely background noise, and mixcraft will attempt to remove the sound from the entire track depending on how strong the noise reduction is set to. Not quite the "gate" tool that Pro Tools uses (because that's really what it is, an audio threshold gate), but it might be useful for you.