THANK YOU FOR BETA TESTING MIXCRAFT 7!

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Anorax

Re: THANK YOU FOR BETA TESTING MIXCRAFT 7!

Post by Anorax »

is it just me, or has the default saving method changed?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Anorax wrote:is it just me, or has the default saving method changed?
People didn't seem to like the way that Mixcraft 6 automatically named projects, so Mixcraft 7 has you name your project when you save. Before you save, there is a automatically-generated project folder called "Mixcraft 7 Project 1" (or whatever), and then when you save, that folder is renamed to the name you've given your project. That way, you won't end up with Mixcraft Project 147, unless you want to call your project that, of course.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

well,I'm here now so we'll see how this goes. :lol:
chibear

Post by chibear »

After Playing with it a few days now, WOW I'm impressed!

It's rock solid stable. I tried everything I could think of to overload or crash it and was only successful once and then couldn't reproduce it. This is a biggie. I've watched as different DAWs have gone from 32 to 64 bit and there always seems to be a period where this or that issue must be solved. Apparently FL studio is still trying.

A built-in wrapper that works seamlessly to bring in the 32 bit Plugins. From what I've been able to gather from Task Manager it runs the 32 bit VSTs as separate processes outside of Mixcraft, the opposite of what those of us who a jBridge owners did. This bridge has no hiccups that I could produce at least. All of us who were running Jbridge can give it to our nephews. We don't need it anymore.

The Automation recorder is slick and the fact that you can have more than one automation visible at a time rather than having to flip through possibilities is a big plus when automating multiple inter-related parameters.

The plugin manager: I didn't realize how much I wanted that till I tried it.

The step sequencer in the piano roll is just what I needed. The ability to choose the 4 notes from the keyboard I need out of possible 30 brushed drum sounds and work with those ONLY is an absolute delight.

AND I could go on and on.

Sure there are a bunch of tiny things to still fix but those are miniscule compare to what is already done. A big BRAVO to the Acoustica team.

and BTW I like the gray :D
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
Anorax wrote:is it just me, or has the default saving method changed?
People didn't seem to like the way that Mixcraft 6 automatically named projects, so Mixcraft 7 has you name your project when you save. Before you save, there is a automatically-generated project folder called "Mixcraft 7 Project 1" (or whatever), and then when you save, that folder is renamed to the name you've given your project. That way, you won't end up with Mixcraft Project 147, unless you want to call your project that, of course.
just started but that's kinda throwing me when it's an already existing named project.
I'm wondering about file paths but I just saved one to documents. so is that just a shortcut?
outteh

Post by outteh »

Keep in mind Mixcraft 7 saves it as a Mixcraft 7 file extension. Your Mixcraft 6 projects are 6 extensions. So you could have the same project name, one as a 6 project and ones as a 7 project. Really confuse now, huh! :lol:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It still defaults to a Mixcraft Projects folder inside your Documents folder. If you make a new Mixcraft project and save it to Documents\Mixcraft Projects, it will create a new project folder with the name you've given your project, so you'd end up with Documents\Mixcraft Projects\YOURPROJECTNAMEHERE.

If you open a Mixcraft 6 project and then save it, Mixcraft will ask you what want to name it and (by default) put it in your Mixcraft Projects folder, creating a folder with the name you've given the Mx7 version of the project.

As you probably know, Mixcraft 7 can open Mixcraft 6 projects, but not the other way around, so don't commit any important projects to Mixcraft 7, in case there are some bugs we don't know about yet!

Beta means testing!

Greg
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

As you probably know, Mixcraft 7 can open Mixcraft 6 projects, but not the other way around, so don't commit any important projects to Mixcraft 7, in case there are some bugs we don't know about yet!

Beta means testing!

Greg
oh,that's a given.lol
I just opened up an old tone sampling test project so I could mess w/ Beta 7 w/out having to start something new & also to see what loads as far as vst & vsti's I already had on the project.

only problem so far is - Sheppi free spatial enhancer vst fails to load on Beta 7 startup.
imageofrage

Post by imageofrage »

Hello guys, I was playing around with the the new midi interface and I really liked it a lot! however, when I noticed that while I was changing the pitch of the notes that I plugged in and played it through the play button on the Sound bar, (not the play button of M7), I didnt hear the pitch changed. I only heard it changed when I used the play button on the multi-tracking interface. When I went back to playing it again on the piano midi, it was still playing the original pitch. Wouldnt it supposed to be automatic to hear the changes we are doing real time?

Thanks!
carllackey

Post by carllackey »

is the performance panel like the session view in ableton? and you start and stop them with the mouse, like ableton? or, is it just set up to work with a controller, making it mostly for live performance?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

carllackey wrote:is the performance panel like the session view in ableton? and you start and stop them with the mouse, like ableton? or, is it just set up to work with a controller, making it mostly for live performance?
It's meant for live performance, but you can arm the performance panel and record what you did. You can start and stop the performance panel clips with a mouse, depending on the setting of the clip (right-click on the clips to see trigger modes). It's meant for use with a grid controller like the Launchpad, or you can click MIDI at the top of Mixcraft's screen and map your PC keyboard or some other MIDI controller to the clips or sets of clips.
carllackey

Post by carllackey »

thanks! you gentlemen amaze me with the well thought out, common sensical approach you use with developing this program. i own (legally, i'm old!) every daw with the exception of pro tools and i keep coming back to mixcraft.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

imageofrage wrote:Hello guys, I was playing around with the the new midi interface and I really liked it a lot! however, when I noticed that while I was changing the pitch of the notes that I plugged in and played it through the play button on the Sound bar, (not the play button of M7), I didnt hear the pitch changed. I only heard it changed when I used the play button on the multi-tracking interface. When I went back to playing it again on the piano midi, it was still playing the original pitch. Wouldnt it supposed to be automatic to hear the changes we are doing real time?

Thanks!
how were you changing pitch? by moving the clips up and down in the roll, or by adjusting the "Key" in the MIDI editing tab?
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

MC7- create any individual insturment or Master fx chain & save a user preset. it still doesn't recall the user preset/chain name when fx button is clicked or screen is opened. :evil:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

gypsy101 wrote:MC7- create any individual insturment or Master fx chain & save a user preset. it still doesn't recall the user preset/chain name when fx button is clicked or screen is opened. :evil:
Send in a bug report! I'll see if I can find the old Mx6 bug report as well.