audio routing

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

joemac58

audio routing

Post by joemac58 »

Will audio routing be available on Mixcraft7?? Will I be able to side chain without using some 3rd party item?
Acoustica Greg

Re: audio routing

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft already has all sorts of audio routing with send tracks and output bus tracks, but Mixcraft 7.0 won't have built-in sidechaining.

Greg
Brother Charles

audio routing

Post by Brother Charles »

Aww shucks! I have no doubt that the new version will be great value for it's price, but I'm disappointed that this important feature is omitted.

I was one of the first to raise questions about a 64 bit version back when version 6 was released. Now I'll pester you for side-chaining. For pro, contemporary mixing, it's pretty important. :)

And no, I don't want to use inferior plug-ins that emulate it. I need to use my good side-chain capable 3rd party plug-ins.

For basic ducking, It is possible to group/sum channels and input volume automation points (manual ducking, as it were), but that gets cumbersome and fatiguing very quickly. Unfortunately, more advanced side-chaining and event triggering is impossible to accomplish without capable side-chaining features.

I think it would be prudent to include equivalent native 64 bit plug-ins to replace all the aging 32 bit fare that is bundled with Mixcraft. Really!? Who makes use of old synthedit stuff now-a-days? Sure, if you want to retain the old ones for backwards compatibility, that is très gentil, but it is somewhat redundant for those of us working in a 64 bit environment.

I work with, and review, many of the professional and prosumer community's best products. I honestly believe in Acoustica products, but there are a few things about Mixcraft that prevent it from being taken really seriously in head-to-head comparisons with Reaper, S1 Producer, Cakewalk Studio, Cubase Essentials, and etcetera.

Please. Don't misunderstand me. I too, love Mixcraft, but I often have to use other products because of some feature-set omissions. I invite you to seriously consider developing solid side-chaining for Mixcraft 7.1
Last edited by Brother Charles on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:36 am, edited 6 times in total.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Well, there's always the possibility that Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 might include a sidechaining plugin.

Greg
Brother Charles

audio routing

Hi Greg. I appreciate that there may be a side-chain plug-in, such as "Sidekick", but that's just a basic compressor, and is not a robust, intrinsic feature. It also dictates that one would be limited to Sidekick and could not use "CLA 76", or "Pro-C" in a side-chaining context, for example.

Not too mention, there are many other uses for side-chaining as well. :)
Last edited by Brother Charles on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
Brother Charles

audio routing

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
It's all good. I really like Mixcraft and will continue to support you guys. Thanks for all the good, new features that are included. The truth is, I really don't want to have to use other DAWs out of necessity - only when I want a different production platform to change things up. My fav workflow is Mixcraft, much of the time.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Brother Charles

audio routing

You'll notice that many of my product review videos feature Mixcraft as my base DAW. This is quite a contrast from many of my contemporaries who use Studio One and/or Pro Tools. Mixcraft is pleasant to work with, efficient and attractive - it does however lose points for lagging behind in terms 64 bit processing and side-chaining. I'm thankful that version 7 gets us half way there. *Grin.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Tiasdad

Post by Tiasdad »

Brother Charles wrote:You'll notice that many of my product review videos feature Mixcraft as my base DAW. This is quite a contrast from many of my contemporaries who use Studio One and/or Pro Tools. Mixcraft is pleasant to work with, efficient and attractive - it does however lose points for lagging behind in terms 64 bit processing and side-chaining. I'm thankful that version 7 gets us half way there. *Grin.
... and MIDI clock sync ;)
Gary
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” ― Frank Zappa
My Soundcloud
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for reminding us about side-chaining and MIDI sync again! :wink:

Greg
Brother Charles

Lol . . I honestly meant no offense. I'll let it rest. :)
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No offense taken, but we're not going to be adding any major features to Mixcraft 7.0 at this point. We just want to get the bugs out and release it ASAP!

Greg
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Hmm... Greg, with the way you're talking it's almost like you're trying to say that a version 7.1 might be in the cards! :wink: