MC7 beta Performance Mode crash...log files?

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

SoundSquire

MC7 beta Performance Mode crash...log files?

Post by SoundSquire »

Testing out Mixcraft 7 beta 64 bit build 232 and I had a crash while using performance mode. I was previewing a loop in the library and clicked play set 1 when everything locked up.

I could not find a crash report to submit? I see a log file in the normal directory but no crash report. Does MC7 generate one?
All the best,
Sam

SoundCloud
Mixcraft Live
YouTube
Acoustica Greg

Re: MC7 beta Performance Mode crash...log files?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you had a video track in your project, this may be a known bug.

Mixcraft 7 puts its log file into the same folder, which is:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Greg
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

From what I can see, there are two levels of "crash" with Mixcraft.

One, Mixcraft detects that something has gone way wrong and shuts itself down. That's when you get the package of crash log, screen cap, polite invitation to visit the web site and report it, etc.

The other, things go even further wrong, and Mixcraft hangs before it can shut itself down. Windows reports that it has stopped responding, or it just vanishes from the screen, or it freezes the whole show.

Sounds like you may have gotten the latter.

In that case, your Mixcraft log will probably still be of use to the devs. Can't hurt to send it in.
-Erik
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, the special crash files are only created when Mixcraft "knows" its crashing and has a chance to create the files. They are not always created. On the other hand, the mixcraft-log.txt file is created (and overwritten) each time you start Mixcraft. It will be there even if Mixcraft can't load all the way. It's also there for freezes and crashes that don't create crash files. It's always helpful to see it when something goes wrong, even if it's just to see the last thing that Mixcraft was doing before it quit.

Greg