Sumthin' buggin' me!

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Mark Bliss

Sumthin' buggin' me!

Post by Mark Bliss »

I am not sure this one is going to be easily reproducible or traceable, but try this and see what you get.

First while working on a practice piano track (Pianissimo), one track with two lanes, usually looped playback and alternating between the lanes (switching back and forth for the sound-tab/piano roll view, I kept getting a lock up where the sound tab was stuck on one lane and wouldn't switch. (Man that description is a mouthful! Make sense?) When the problem occurred, I had to save my work and reopen the project. I did not have to restart Mixcraft. Happened about five or six times in a one hour session.

At the same time I keep getting issues like this image- Double scroll bars below the staff or piano roll, Weird stuff like redraw issues.........

No crash, so I don't think there is any log info to share. And maybe its just my machine. I am running with insufficient HD headroom/space at the moment on my laptop. Could be the cause I reckon. 8)
Doubled up.jpg
Doubled up.jpg (17.95 KiB) Viewed 8589 times
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mick

Re: Sumthin' buggin' me!

Post by mick »

I reported this as a possible bug and have had it a few times since but can't offer any remedy apart from what you are doing. :?:
I'm using an i5 with 7gb ram and partitioned HDD. and therefore suspect it may not be you equipment.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

mick wrote:I reported this as a possible bug and have had it a few times since but can't offer any remedy apart from what you are doing. :?:
I'm using an i5 with 7gb ram and partitioned HDD. and therefore suspect it may not be you equipment.
Which issue?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mark, are you using build 242?

A log file after you freeze might help.

And with the double scroll bar thing, can you figure out how to duplicate it?
outteh

Post by outteh »

I've run across this on several instances and attributed it to the graphics refresh capability of my computer. If I can capture an instance of this and replicate it I'll post it.
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

The scroll bar bug has been documented a few times over the years. Goes back to at least Mixcraft 5.

Here's some info and the steps from a bug report from a couple of years ago:

Status Bar does not redraw correctly after undocking, maximizing, then docking the Details Area.
- Maximize Micraft 6
- Undock Details Area
- Maximize Details Area
- Dock
- Status bar is not drawn correctly

Status bar DOES redraw correctly when docking, showing, or hiding Details Area from all positions other than undocked and maximized. Status bar DOES draw correctly when docking maximized Details Area if the program is NOT maximized.
*Vibrant Audio*
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Vibrant Audio wrote:The scroll bar bug has been documented a few times over the years. Goes back to at least Mixcraft 5.

Status Bar does not redraw correctly after undocking, maximizing, then docking the Details Area.
- Maximize Micraft 6
- Undock Details Area
- Maximize Details Area
- Dock

Status bar DOES redraw correctly when docking, showing, or hiding Details Area from all positions other than undocked and maximized. Status bar DOES draw correctly when docking maximized Details Area if the program is NOT maximized.
I'm not seeing this with Mixcraft 7 build 242 or with Mixcraft 6.1 build 217. Maybe it only happens with certain screen resolutions or something? You can duplicate this now? In what way is the status bar not drawn correctly? Are you getting two scroll bars?
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yes, v242.

I will continue to see if I can reproduce it, and see if the pattern fits with Vibrant Audio's description.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mick

Post by mick »

Greg, I can't remember which issue if it was more than a day ago!
You suggested a restart of Mixcraft and it solved the issue, however I have come across it since on odd occasions but there's no crash so no file. I don't recall seeing it for about 3 weeks or so.
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
Vibrant Audio wrote:The scroll bar bug has been documented a few times over the years. Goes back to at least Mixcraft 5.

- Maximize Micraft 6
- Undock Details Area
- Maximize Details Area
- Dock

I'm not seeing this with Mixcraft 7 build 242 or with Mixcraft 6.1 build 217. Maybe it only happens with certain screen resolutions or something? You can duplicate this now? In what way is the status bar not drawn correctly? Are you getting two scroll bars?
I can duplicate every time. Changing screen resolutions on my HP Win7 laptop does not correct the issue.

The status bar area retains whatever was displayed in that area of the screen while the Details Area was maximized.

Here are pics of the normal Status bar below the docked Library tab, the bottom of the screen with the Library maxed, and the result after docking the Library:
StatusBarIssue.png
StatusBarIssue.png (185.91 KiB) Viewed 8520 times
Here is the result after following the same steps using the Mixer tab:
NoStatusBar1.png
NoStatusBar1.png (78.36 KiB) Viewed 8520 times
I'll check this out on my WinXP desktop shortly.
*Vibrant Audio*
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I thought I was going to be able to duplicate it, because I didn't have the library or the mixer displayed, but I still can't duplicate it with Mixcraft 6 or 7. Which version of Mixcraft are those screenshots from? Can you duplicate this in the beta version?

I am:

1. Maximizing Mixcraft's screen (by clicking on the little Maximize icon).
2. Clicking Undock.
3. Maximizing the undocked screen (by clicking on Maximize)
4. Clicking Dock.

Are you doing anything differently? Can everybody else duplicate this?

Edited to add: I'm using Windows 7.

Greg
outteh

Post by outteh »

Duplicated this anomaly in Mixcraft Pro Studio 6. Following the steps outlined, I got the double slide bar on the screen. Once I set the screen back to minimize it went away. Mixcraft 7 64 BIT, Win 7 Pro OS.

Could not duplicate it with Mixcraft 7 beta on Win 8 OS.
DouibleScrollBAR.png
DouibleScrollBAR.png (184.56 KiB) Viewed 8509 times
Last edited by outteh on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

outteh wrote:Duplicated this anomaly in Mixcraft Pro Studio 6. Following the steps outlined, I got the double slide bar on the screen. Once I set the screen back to minimize it went away.
What about Mixcraft 7?
outteh

Post by outteh »

Also got the anomaly in Mixcraft 7 beta, on the Win 7 Pro OS. Doesn't do it in Win 8.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Duplicating it every time in the current beta on Win Vista.

Greg, following your steps, as for step 4 it doesn't matter if I click dock or click on the red X to close the undocked status, same result. Except as I reproduce it now the double bar is in a new location, as well as a new issue (circled) that is also consistent:
Redraw issues1.jpg
Redraw issues1.jpg (41.84 KiB) Viewed 8504 times
I tried the same with the mixer view, as described by Vibrant Audio and it is also reproducible, every time, (as long as there are enough tracks to warrant the sliders in the first place........)
redraw2.jpg
redraw2.jpg (28.48 KiB) Viewed 8504 times
The more I mess with it the more certain I am that its a redraw issue, as all you have to do is close then reopen the screen and its gone. So its not a major deal, but it is a bug of some sort!
At least one time I found I could "erase" the issue by clicking my mouse over it and "rubbing" it out! 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page