7.7 Build 296 - Publisher issue

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

mick

Re: 7.7 Build 296 - Publisher issue

Post by mick »

The problem is solved! :shock:

Adding an image file to a post is usually PNG but the publisher must use JPEG

I converted some unavailable PNG images to JPEG and they now show and import.
outteh

Post by outteh »

Good stuff! I totally overlooked picture format! :oops:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's still a bit of a mystery because I can access PNG, GIF and other formats with publish. You should be able to upload PNG files, no problem.

Greg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

In reviewing this, I have tried JPG and GIF, no problem. That seems to be what populated my pictures folders....
Excuse my ignorance, but is PNG a Paintshop format?

Also, upon further testing I think I figured out what is going on with the other issue I was having. I think its partly a matter of getting an unexpected result. But I still think there is a minor bug too.

If I use the load image function and navigate to a folder and double click on my selected image, it adds the thumbnail into the publish window as expected. But from there, if you scroll through the thumbnails using the right/left arrows, I would expect one of two results:

My first expectation was that it would scroll through the 5 Mixcraft images and my added image.
It does not work that way.

My next thought would be that the publish function would drop my added image and just scroll through the 5 default images in Mixcraft.
It does not work that way either.

Instead I am finding it scrolls though the Mixcraft images and the other images in the folder where my selected image is saved, even though I did not select them, Which I find a bit odd, but OK.

But the truly odd thing I find is that it scrolls through all the images in my folder I did not select, but in most cases, drops the one image I did select! I don't think that is intended to happen.......
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mick

Post by mick »

Mark, I used paint to do the converting and all the thumbnails I tried to access were edited in paint created from the snip tool.
As mentioned before, yes i can upload a png file but i have to type in the title due to png thumb nails not displaying.
It looks like this will remain a mystery but its no problem for me, I just thought I should bring this to Acoustica's attention knowing Acoustica like to be on top of any bugs or other issues, so in this case it looks like it fundamentally comes under "other issues" catagory, specifically a Microsoft windows one.

Tom, about the picture format - me too! :roll:

EDIT: I just consulted Mr google and found this...
Q.
My wife is a digital scrapbooker. On our new laptop, Explorer (Windows 7) doesn't display all the thumbnails for some graphics files - specifically PNG files. I verified the option to only show icons is not checked - and the really weird part is some of them do display...but most do not. Any suggestions for a fix?

A.
This might be an issue with the icon cache on the computer; I would suggest that you rebuild the icon cache which might fix the issue.

Rebuilding the Icon Cache Database
1. Close all folder windows that are currently open.
2. Launch Task Manager using the CTRL+SHIFT+ESC key sequence, or by running taskmgr.exe.
3. In the Process tab, right-click on the Explorer.exe process and select End Process.
4. Click the End process button when asked for confirmation.
5. From the File menu of Task Manager, select New Task (Run…)
6. Type CMD.EXE, and click OK
7. In the Command Prompt window, type the commands one by one and press ENTER after each command:
CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
DEL IconCache.db /a
EXIT
8. In Task Manager, click File, select New Task (Run…)
9. Type EXPLORER.EXE, and click OK.
I won't be doing any of this because they display otherwise, so instead I'll just use jpeg. :D
outteh

Post by outteh »

Holy crap! :cry:
mick

Post by mick »

Tom, that's the most constructive comment this year! :lol: