Mixcraft 8

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

aj113

Re: Mixcraft 8

Post by aj113 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Magic eight ball says: signs point to yes.
Awesome!
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Mark Bliss wrote:
One has to wonder why DAW's like Bitwig or equivalent butt-freakin ugly examples are as popular as they are among some groups if the GUI/appearance meant squat. Its Features. Function. Period.

Sorry. Mini rant over. 8)

Catchy name though... Bitwig. Kinda sounds like something you'd find crawling out of your side salad.

-h
elaw

Post by elaw »

Here's an interesting idea based on an experience I had today... how about the ability to set tempo based on the length of an audio clip? For example you load an audio file and tell Mixcraft it's 16 measures long, and Mixcraft sets the tempo accordingly. It would save a lot of guesswork and fiddling when working with downloaded loops.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Hold down the Ctrl key and drag the end of an audio clip to the length you want to time stretch it

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Maulley G

Post by Maulley G »

The hell with the GUI... give me an external synth plugin like Bitwig, and I'm happy!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by an external synth plugin, but you can send MIDI from Mixcraft to an external MIDI device.

Or are you talking about something else?

Greg
Henk

Post by Henk »

Import function for MTF (Multi Track Files) wave files, if possible.
WhiRz

Post by WhiRz »

Having the possibility to route the input and the ouput of Send track internally. Not a lot of DAW use this feature (Logic don't but PT and Digital Performer do).
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Hi.

Will 8 have system Exclusive support for keyboards like Yamaha Tyros 5 etc

All the best
John :)
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Mark Bliss wrote:I feel compelled to suggest once again that FUNCTION, UTILITY, and seamlessly integrated NATIVE features outweigh Visuals, GUI and silly collections of included plug ins by at least 100 to 1.

One has to wonder why DAW's like Bitwig or equivalent butt-freakin ugly examples are as popular as they are among some groups if the GUI/appearance meant squat. Its Features. Function. Period.

Sorry. Mini rant over. 8)
I totally agree. My brother used to use Audacity until I suggested he try Mixcraft, then at version 5. Despite being semi-computer literate he managed to master the product without any guidance from me, thus demonstrating its appeal as a practical and easy to use DAW.
Matthew T

Post by Matthew T »

I've been trialing of Mixcraft 7 which is almost finished. Are the any ideas on the release date for Mixcraft 8? I don't really want to purchase v7 to then have to pay an upgrade fee for v8 which is only around the corner.

Thanks in advance.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mixcraft is due out sometime in the coming months. We haven't started testing it yet, and it's not quite finished yet.
geo524

Post by geo524 »

Hopefully grouping of tracks and (definitely) the ability to browse folders from within Mixcraft are on board for MC8?! :D
Win 10x64; Reaper; MixCraft 9 Pro; AMD FX4100 x4; 3.8GHz; DDR3 32 GB Ram; Dual 23" HP Monitors; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen2; SSD 1TB; 3 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR 624 Monitors; Kali LP 8 monitors
Slimy

Post by Slimy »

Will we be able to control Midi CC using automation tracks or clip envelopes in Mixcraft 8? I'd find this extremely useful since I mostly do orchestra stuff where modulation controls dynamics.
Matthew T

Post by Matthew T »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Mixcraft is due out sometime in the coming months. We haven't started testing it yet, and it's not quite finished yet.
Are we looking at 2016 or 2017 for release a release date?

Is there an upgrade path (free if within 3 month of purchase, etc)?