Mixcraft 8

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

JonInc

Re: Mixcraft 8

Post by JonInc »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Stress levels are high.
I hope you aren't referring to your staff and their efforts to get MC 8 out for Black Friday. Last year, I saw some vendors stretch BF well into March. If it'll take some of the pressure off, you could do the same. :lol:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

JonInc wrote:
I hope you aren't referring to your staff and their efforts to get MC 8 out for Black Friday. Last year, I saw some vendors stretch BF well into March. If it'll take some of the pressure off, you could do the same. :lol:
Hi,

We'd like to get Mixcraft 8 released by the end of the year, but time is tight. We'll see how it goes. Mixcraft 8 seems pretty solid over all compared to where Mixcraft 7 was at this stage of testing.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Hogan41

Post by Hogan41 »

WOW so mixcraft 8. I cannot wait, i have used mixcraft since mixcraft 5 ( maybe 4 ) and it keeps getting better. It just works , no BS no setting audio output and input for an hour to find its all looped , no inputing of midi maps for a keyboard that has no download support , no need to save every 5 min just incase it dies for no reason, it just works

UI for real , other DAW's may have pritty UI's but there over complecated and in my opinion are just akward. I was recently paying 28 pound a month to have the elites privledge of owning a " leading DAW with un-match features" well im not paying anymore as my second screen wasnt in sync with the 1st witch led my mix console to disapear or stretch half and half . Oh and the 150 pound novation keyboard that didnt want to recognise as a midi device . Long story short it was horrible but i came back to good old mixcraft and it just worked .

You want a test

Spend an hour on one of the "amazing UI" DAW's and spend an hour on MC and see how far into a song to can get. I did it and MC was in the uploaded to soundcloud stage . Now im not a pro and i dont make scores for ubisoft but i write and record music i would love to listen to and this is what works for me so the fact that the UI may not have a drop down bar with the ability to take di's from earlyer recorded songs or the ability to make all my tracks begining with the letter G blue and all the ones with a D in them red really really really dont bother me and make me think "THAT DAW IS NOT WORTH THE 60 POUND I PAID FOR IT EVEN THOUGH I GOT FREE GUITAR AMP PRESETS AND A GOOD EQ"

Lighten up peeps its MC8, its going to be amazing no matter what

(P.S can we have colab please with maybe 20gb of free storadge or els i will complain about the low price)
What do you mean " it sounds better with headphones"
troybrostrom

Post by troybrostrom »

Does Mixcraft 8 support high frame rate monitors (144hz)? I've noticed 7 is limited to 60hz, regardless of my Windows settings.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

troybrostrom wrote:Does Mixcraft 8 support high frame rate monitors (144hz)? I've noticed 7 is limited to 60hz, regardless of my Windows settings.
Hi,

Mixcraft 8.0 doesn't have any special support for 144hz monitors.

Greg
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

JonInc wrote:
Given the time frame, the stress Greg refers to is probably PNS, or Pre NAMM Syndrome, which affects all companies that produce products used in the creation of music.

It usually starts around the end of October and reaches its peak between the first work day after the Winter Holidays and the fourth Wednesday of January.

Mixcraft 8 will at least be demoed at the NAMM Show. I'm sure Acoustica would love for it to be on sale before or soon after.

I want another build to play with! 358 makes my projects sound like they are inside a gravel truck!
-Erik
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We're skipping NAMM this year, actually. We're just trying to get Mixcraft 8.8 released as soon as we can.
Starship Krupa wrote:I want another build to play with! 358 makes my projects sound like they are inside a gravel truck!
When you say that build 358 makes your projects sound like a gravel truck, are you talking about 64-bit Mixcraft?

Greg
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

We're skipping NAMM this year, actually. We're just trying to get Mixcraft 8.8 released as soon as we can.
Starship Krupa wrote:I want another build to play with! 358 makes my projects sound like they are inside a gravel truck!
When you say that build 358 makes your projects sound like a gravel truck, are you talking about 64-bit Mixcraft?

Greg
No NAMM? Aww. I'm always sorry to hear when companies opt out. It's such a great party. But if your chain doesn't involve lots of music stores, and you have other ways to get the press' attention, it ain't cheap to go.

Regarding the "gravel truck" project:

I started with an audio project with 12 tracks originally recorded and mixed in Mixcraft 7.7 with my system not even breathing hard.

After I opened it in Mixcraft 8 (32-bit), nested some of the submixes, removed muted takes, and removed a bunch of plugins and rearranged others (putting them on send and submix tracks instead of individual audio tracks), it started to bog way down in playback, with constant audio tearing and greatly reduced speed.

Since you said you all are still optimizing the audio engine, I was going to wait until the next build drops before characterizing it and writing it up. Should this be an issue of great concern for the 32-bit build of Mixcraft 8 at this time? If so, I can upload both project packages for examination.
-Erik
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, might as well wait for the next build at this point.

Greg
yetibrain

Post by yetibrain »

How to become a Beta Tester of Mixcraft8 :?:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

yetibrain wrote:How to become a Beta Tester of Mixcraft8 :?:
Hi,

Potential beta testers can apply here: Acoustica Beta Central.

Greg
kentb3050@gmail.com

Post by kentb3050@gmail.com »

Beta! Sweet, hey thanks for all the support over the years Gregg. I was wondering if this ever got addressed yet? No worries either way. So Mc 9 coming soon lol?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

kentb3050@gmail.com wrote:Beta! Sweet, hey thanks for all the support over the years Gregg. I was wondering if this ever got addressed yet? No worries either way. So Mc 9 coming soon lol?
Hi,

Whether what got addressed? Mixcraft 9 is probably a year or more away.

Greg
kentb3050@gmail.com

Post by kentb3050@gmail.com »

"Mixcraft 8 support high frame rate monitors?"
Laserjones

Post by Laserjones »

kentb3050@gmail.com wrote:"Mixcraft 8 support high frame rate monitors?"
Monitor support depends on your graphics card and driver, not your application software. I don't see any feature of a DAW that would actually require a higher frame rate than the 60 fps that all modern monitors support.