Markers tied to timestamp, not measures?

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Anorax

Markers tied to timestamp, not measures?

Post by Anorax »

I know we're very close to release, so this feature might be held off until MX9, but could markers have the ability to be switched between timestamp-based and tempo/bars+beats based? As it currently stands, all markers are tied to bars+beats, so they follow any/all tempo changes and move along the timeline accordingly. However, I have a project where I need some markers to remain static to a timecode location, regardless of tempo changes around them (e.g. marker 3 must be at 0:02:35.12 and marker 4 at 0:03:01.40, but there's a tempo change in between, and I'm having to test separate tempos to align the tempo with a video project).
mick

Re: Markers tied to timestamp, not measures?

Post by mick »

I put markers at the positions you mention with TIME (not beats/bars) and right click to edit and enter the time positions more accurately and the tempo changes work fine.
Maybe I misunderstood the question because BEATS or TIME are a Mixcraft 7 and 8 feature.
Time.PNG
Time.PNG (70.9 KiB) Viewed 2892 times
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Correct, but if you put a tempo change marker before one of those other markers, they will move to match the tempo change. Just because the markers were set in the Time view doesn't mean they aren't still tied to the tempo. I'll have to make a video later to illustrate what I'm talking about
mick

Post by mick »

I see what you mean now! 8)