Precision Gestures and future versions of Mixcraft

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Anorax

Precision Gestures and future versions of Mixcraft

Post by Anorax »

I understand that this may be jumping the gun a bit, especially since Mixcraft 9 isn't even in public beta and there's already a suggestion thread, but will Acoustica consider looking at adding support for scroll/zoom gestures that are enabled through the Microsoft Precision Mousepad driver? I understand this is a laptop-only problem, but inevitably there will be users running Mixcraft on laptops with these drivers, and if they try to use the scroll and zoom gestures, you get hit with unexpected results, at least in Mixcraft 8 - what I've seen is that the vertical scroll functions as zoom (well, depending on where the mouse is focused), horizontal scroll is kind-of-sort-of vertical scroll (by changing the highlighted/selected/active track), and the pinch-to-zoom gesture is just not liked by Mixcraft at all.

Again, I know there's already places to bring this up, and if you want please move this thread if necessary, but after recently upgrading to a new laptop after years of trying to get my Acer to limp along, I've noticed how these gestures fail to translate to Mixcraft, and as laptops and tablet-hybrids (e.g. Microsoft Surface series) become more powerful and more capable of being recording devices, trackpad (and possibly touchscreen!) optimization might be something to look at. I guess it comes down to Mixcraft is very mouse-optimized, and with companies moving to adding multi-finger gestures for navigation with track pads, there's gonna be a bit of collision.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Precision Gestures and future versions of Mixcraft

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

This isn't in Mixcraft 9.0, but thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101