Piano roll selection

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

mick

Piano roll selection

Post by mick »

I have removed my previous comments because I got it wrong, so going back to the piano roll and experimenting for 10 mins here is how the piano roll works until the new M9 manual is written.

"The select notes pencil" "W" allows a note to be dropped into a grid, and keeping the left mouse clicker down you can move the note up/down/left/right to a new grid before releasing, the note will be the one you select from the note value row meaning whole/half/quarter/eighth and so on.

With the "paint notes" paintbrush (also "W") you click the note into a grid then have the option of dragging the note value to longer/shorter before releasing the left mouse clicker, its a "freehand" method.
So basically the "W" refers to both pencil and paintbrush that can be slightly confusing, maybe a different hot key for paintbrush can be used ? 8)

NOT A BUG!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Piano roll selection

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I guess W just toggles between the two now. That works for me.

The pencil is for when you know which note you want to place, and the paintbrush is for a more fluid situation where you might want to change the note duration as you go.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
mick

Re: Piano roll selection

Post by mick »

Greg, I sussed it out as you mention, didn't notice the toggle though with "W" - thanks for the info. :D
I think M9 is going to rattle a few cages.