Mixcraft 9 post release beta

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

gbuckels

Mixcraft 9 post release beta

Post by gbuckels »

This showed up in my inbox today. I've already purchased MC9, it says "To download your Mixcraft 9 BETA 6, build 440 click here". What's the scoop? I have version 9 64 build 436!
Thanks, Gary
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 9 post release beta

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The beta team is testing an update to Mixcraft 9.

It has various bug fixes.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
gbuckels

Post by gbuckels »

Is it supposed to upgrade the registered version or be a separate install?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It depends on your situation. Some people are using Mixcraft 9 for major projects, so they don't want to install over their main Mixcraft 9 installation.

Other people just install right over the release build. That's what I've been doing. I suppose it also depends upon how risk-averse you are.

One strategy I did in the past was to have both the 32-bit version of the release build installed and the 64-bit version of the beta, since the former goes into /Program Files (x86) and the latter goes into /Program Files. And of course, you could do it the opposite way if you wanted to have the 64-bit release version installed.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101