Drag Quantise altering note pitches

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Ian Craig

Drag Quantise altering note pitches

Post by Ian Craig »

Another problem that I recall noticing before that has resurfaced is that when I outline all the notes of a track to drag quantise them slightly to the left and some of the notes are on a really low octave they will appear the same after quantisation until you start playback then you notice that they have changed to completely different notes about 3 octaves up (but not even the same notes.
Example - multiple patterns recorded simultaneously onto different tracks from the Keystep Pro having fed the clock output from Mixcraft. All is fine except it is not quantised, it's late, so I outline all notes on each track (there are lots across multiple octaves as it's a long experimental track). Anyway I outline the notes on each track one at a time and drag them left a bit to 'snap to bar' properly only to find that the following notes have changed afterwards. Here is a list on the next notes on each track and how they have changed after drag quantising
(from bar 129)
Track 13 - D3 Remains the same
Track 14 - C3,F4,A4 Remains the same
Track 15 - B4,D5 changes to - Ab7,A7
Track 16 - A4 Changes to - B7
Track 17 - D3 Changes to - F7

This problem has occurred before in either Mixcraft 8 or 9, I think Mx8.
I've had to guess the best quantisation ratio for each track and just quantise the track's Clip to that to get round this problem, which wouldn't be necessary if the program just quantised more accurately in the first place.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Acoustica Greg

Re: Drag Quantise altering note pitches

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

So, you're not using the quantizing feature, you're just dragging the notes? What happens if you select the notes and use the quantize feature?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Ian Craig

Re: Drag Quantise altering note pitches

Post by Ian Craig »

I haven't tried it Greg, as I expect far too many notes to quantise to the wrong positions
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6