Installation Crashes out 2

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

capant

Installation Crashes out 2

Post by capant »

Hi!

Real excited about the new Mixcraft 5!

However I can't install the beta, it crashes out when creating files with a messgae that a temporary file has stopped working! The name of the file changes with each attempt to install. I am running Windows Vista Home premium on a Acer laptop with AMD Turion 2 Ultra CPU and 4 GB of Ram.

I have tried various options in compatability mode and running Administrator rights etc but no luck.

Any help much appreciated!

:roll:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

That's happening to everybody. The beta team will post a new build ASAP.
cataloger1

Post by cataloger1 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:That's happening to everybody. The beta team will post a new build ASAP.
Great! I hope it will be soon. I can't wait to try out this beta, but first I need a working installer! LOL!

With peace,

Henry
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

In an earlier post...
MVH wrote:You can run MC5 anyway, straight from the C:\Program Files\Acoustica Mixcraft 5\mixcraft5.exe

Instruments are missing, but anyway you can get a glimpse on MC5 :)
So in explorer go to C:\Program Files\Acoustica Mixcraft 5\mixcraft5.exe and double-click to run MC5.
*Vibrant Audio*
fogdan

Crash

Post by fogdan »

Mine crashed also. Vista Home Pr.
Ant

Crashes

Post by Ant »

I tryed to installed Mixcraft-5 beta 119 and it crashed in the process with this error code: GLB690F.TMP has stopped working. I'm using vista home pre. OPS.I then tryed to download it to my desk top that worked ok.I clicked on properties and clicked run as an ADMIN.still wont install.So I opened up my program files and it was installed. you get me lol. I was able to open up and run Mixcraft-5 from my program files and also add a short cut to my desk top.Now I'll start playing with it. :lol:
Ant

Re: Crash

Post by Ant »

fogdan wrote:Mine crashed also. Vista Home Pr.
:lol: It may have installed. you can go to your program files and run it from there.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Guys I found out that I tried to install before the beta was released.I went back and re-downloaded and now it installed ok.
Ant with a Guitar! WOW!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Yup, we posted a new beta with a fix to the installer.

There might be another fix in there, too, related to video.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Greg
If I own mixcraft 3 and 4 do I need to pay full price for 5 ?
Last edited by Ant on Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ant with a Guitar! WOW!
Ant

Post by Ant »

Dear Beta Team,

Since this was the first beta, we expected some show stoppers...and there was one, in particular, that required another email to the entire team.

If you cannot even run Mixcraft 5 due to an error message "The application failed to start due to error code...blah blah", then you should download and copy the following file "acuvidtl.dll" into your Mixcraft folder.

ftp://ftp.acoustica.com/beta/mix5-fail- ... uvidtl.dll

It should replace the old version and Windows should ask if you are sure you want to replace the file. (If you are on Vista, it may ask several times...but that's Vista. ;-) )

Thanks for your help and we will get to your emails.

Best Regards,
-Joseph
Ant with a Guitar! WOW!