Acoustica Reverb Extra Sound

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

12milluz

Acoustica Reverb Extra Sound

Post by 12milluz »

If you apply the Acoustic Reverb to any track, play it and stop mid way through. About a second after you hit stop, there is an extra sound, almost like just the reverberated portion of the track continues to play the last note. This is happening with only this effect so far for me. Anyone else confirm this? I sent this in to betazoid as well.
Stefaan

Post by Stefaan »

hi 12milluz,

I get what you're saying. But I don't really feel it's a bug.
I've checked that reverb verses Mixcraft 4 and it does behave differently when you hit the stop button.
In mx 4 there is an immediate stop, in mx 5 it plays for half a second or so after hitting the stop button.

It doesn't have this behavior in the track though... only on the stop button...
b24482

I don't think that's really a bug, either.

Post by b24482 »

I think that's just the nature of reverb. Same thing in an amplifier, the lasting sound. I'm not a computer guy, though, so I could certainly be wrong.
12milluz

Re: I don't think that's really a bug, either.

Post by 12milluz »

b24482 wrote:I think that's just the nature of reverb. Same thing in an amplifier, the lasting sound. I'm not a computer guy, though, so I could certainly be wrong.
Right, but what I'm saying is after you hit stop, it continues the song. In an amp, yes it would go on. But when you hit "stop" on a program, I think it should completely stop playing. :wink:
b24482

Oh

Post by b24482 »

Oh, I see. I agree, it would be nice to have it stop right away, you're right.
Sungodv

Post by Sungodv »

It's called a reverb tail. It can be a real cool effect too. Check out my song 'Goodbye' to hear it used at the end of the tune if you want.
It's easy to use a volume envelope on the track to get rid of it or just shorten up the track.
Core2 Quad Desktop & XP Pro - Samplitude 11 & Pro X, SONAR 8.5 Producer & Mixcraft 5 for VST's / VSTi's. Toneport UX2 USB Interface. Audio Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Loads of basses, guitars & keyboards.

My Music:

www.soundclick.com/sungod
sperley

Post by sperley »

It's the same thing that happens when you're recording on a mixing board and using a reverb unit.
12milluz

Post by 12milluz »

It is not an obviously audible reverb after the end of the track. If you hit stop, about a second or two after the sound has TOTALLY ENDED an extra noise is playing. It's not a reverb effect- its the program finishing the reverberated note after playback has ceased. :wink:
sperley

Post by sperley »

Right. Like when you use reverb on a guitar amp. If you suddenly mute the strings, you still hear the fading reverberation of the muted note.
12milluz

Post by 12milluz »

Right, but as someone said, this is not a feature in MX4. If it were the last chord of the song and then the sound, then I agree it should be there. But the stop function of a program should completely stop the sound. And even so, it should not stop suddenly then play the note a second later.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

You filed a bug report?
12milluz

Post by 12milluz »

I had sent an email a while back, but I just added it to bugzilla.