Random M5 crashes after hitting save icon

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

EL34

Random M5 crashes after hitting save icon

Post by EL34 »

I could not duplicate or nail this one down.
M5 crashed at least 20-25 times on me last night.

I don't know exactlly what it was that triggered the crashes, but it was always after hitting the SAVE icon on the toolbar.

One time I would be shortening a clip and then hit save
The next time I would move a clip and then hit save.

After a while I tried to figure out exactly what was going on, but to no avail. M5 would not crash when I wanted it to.

After the crash, M5 will not load the project file properly. It would only load maybe about half the tracks and say something about one of the sound files was corrupt.

I could go back and load a previous project version that had all the same clips on it, no problem.

Still trying to nail this one down
I sent in a report just to make note of it.
Ant

Post by Ant »

:lol: tell you a little trick: build the song using Mixcraft-4 close and save your song. now open up M-5 the song is also saved there. now you can use M-5 to do the mix down and effects using the M-5 stuff now copy to MP3.
Ant with a Guitar! WOW!
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Thanks, appreciate the info, but I am reporting this as a bug so we can nail it down and squash it.
Won't need a work around after the reported problem is fixed.
Several reports and log files of these events were sent to Dan.

Had the same thing happen at least 20+ times today also.
Seems the save/crash happens more when I wipe the mouse, select a section on a track, delete that section and then save.

Also saw M5 crash several times by just selecting and moving a track, without even hitting the save icon

I have been using "save as" in the file menu to save two copies of my project every few minutes. If M5 crashes, I have at least one good project copy to reload.

M5 seems to loose a bunch of data in the crashed project file.
It is always smaller in KB than my backup file, so I reload my backup file.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Seems Dan nailed this bug also.

Using the new test files he sent me, no crashes after a few hours of recording and editing in M5.

Thanks once again Dan