So.. what do you all think so far?

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

So.. what do you all think so far?

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Hi all,

I know there've been some serious bugs in Mixcraft 5 so far, but we're on top of them. Believe it or not, most of the crashing bugs you've experienced, particularly with copying, pasting, splitting, are all caused by the same boneheaded missing line of code that I forgot to write! One lousy little line of code and poof everything crashes. Sorry!

We'll have a new build soon that should run a lot smoother, though as always with a beta there will be plenty of bugs. Please keep those bug reports coming -- you're all doing an amazing job.

What do you all think of Mixcraft 5 so far? Do you like what you're seeing, or is it pretty much the same as Mixcraft 4? Please be honest and tell us what you like and don't like.

Thanks,
Dan
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Dan, I am loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add few more exclamation points. :)

If I can get it to stop crashing and loosing my changes, I would be a very happy camper.

The automation stuff is awesome!
The mixer is awesome!

I can't believe the leap forward M5 is taking.
12milluz

Post by 12milluz »

I like it! My one suggestion would be to expand the video track to allowing photos to make a photo slideshow with music. Small features like this eliminate any other software.
Aside from that, I really like it. It's simple and less clunky than 4 I think. I like the new style and the mixer.
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Still images on the video track are coming! That feature just wasn't finished in time for the beta, but it will be in Mixcraft shortly.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dan
ulfm

Post by ulfm »

Great work as usual!

The automation track is a great feature. Will there be any possibility to bring in DVD-video? My friend has a homemade DVD with the usual VideoTS folders etc but I could not load this into MX5. Am I out on deep water here??
From Sweden
Swedish Win XP SP3
botface

Post by botface »

I'm finding it very straightforward and am quite surprised that I haven't had more problems with the new features.

The only thing that's struck me so far as "missing" is an icon or shortcut to bring up the Master Track (unless I've missed it) and that's a pretty trivial item in such a major release.
Fadiese

Post by Fadiese »

Great, Great and Better !

but don't forget that Mixcraft is a Music Studio not an video editor.
Zoetrope

Post by Zoetrope »

Any plan to add support for Midi controllers? That's the only thing on my (looong) wish list this new version doesn't seem to have.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Mixcraft already supports midi controllers.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

I'm using a M-audio Oxygen 8 V2 midi controller with Mixcraft.

It shows up as a device in Mixcraft, no problem
Zoetrope

Post by Zoetrope »

I mean like the Korg nanoKONTROL USB MIDI Controller. Something to control the faders and panning.
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

EL34 wrote:I'm using a M-audio Oxygen 8 V2 midi controller with Mixcraft.

It shows up as a device in Mixcraft, no problem
EL, how is latency with the Oxygen? Is it any different in MC5 vs MC4?
*Vibrant Audio*
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Control surface support likely won't appear in Mixcraft 5.
Zoetrope wrote:I mean like the Korg nanoKONTROL USB MIDI Controller. Something to control the faders and panning.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

EL, how is latency with the Oxygen? Is it any different in MC5 vs MC4?
I'll have to check next time I use it. Can't remember an issue with latency, but I usually don't pay attention to something unless there is problem.
Zoetrope

Post by Zoetrope »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Control surface support likely won't appear in Mixcraft 5.
Zoetrope wrote:I mean like the Korg nanoKONTROL USB MIDI Controller. Something to control the faders and panning.
I know, you guys had to leave something for Mixcraft 6. :D