So far so good - but a few things missing

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

mfkne

So far so good - but a few things missing

Post by mfkne »

The RC runs stable on my system.

But in order to compete long-term with the other applications, Mixcraft 5 should have the following features:

- ctrl + drag clip in timeline will copy a clip
- the vst list in Mixcraft should take over the original order of the vst folder (e.g. i sorted the vst into "reverb", "delay" etc. Mixcraft should do that, too). One has to search too long. alphabetical order should be only one way. what about the possibility to customize the vst(i) listing in Mixcraft?
- a per-track-arpeggiator would be useful
- also a simple sampler like simpler in live or the sampler in tracktion would be useful. no big thing...
- what about a simple drumsampler like impulse in live?
- great would be a "warp-mode" as in live to change the timing in drumtracks (transient-driven) or a "chopper" like in Acid to put little pieces of the same clip into the timeline in a hurry
-the possibility to change the colours in mixcraft (background, highlighted tracks)
- a more dedicated EQ in the mixer (incl. Q)

- and for version 6: clip fx, built-in audio editor, better Acoustica FX, built-in mastering suite ...

but... you have done very good work so far, guys :-)
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Thanks for the suggestions but I must say that not only do I own and run a studio, but have used many DAW apps before and never once have i used or even noticed the functions:
1) ctrl + drag clip in timeline will copy a clip
2) Sort VST's other than alphabetical

I have recorded and released a few cd's from this studio so I'm thinking that these features are not critical to Mixcrafts success as you might think, but more of a personal preference.

Can you explain what mean by "a more dedicated eq in the mixer"?
mfkne

Post by mfkne »

Hi Eric,

thanks for the reply.

"ctrl + drag clip in timeline will copy a clip" will do nearly all DAW┬┤s, from energy XT, Tracktion, Reaper to Cubase and Sonar. It helps a lot in workflow things. I was surprised Mixcraft did not do that...

"Sort VST's other than alphabetical" is a very helpful feature. If i am looking for a delay, it would be easier to find it in my predefined vst-folder under "delay" than searching in my vst┬┤s in alphabetical order, especially when I have got 5 different delays.
You can find this feature in Energy XT, Live and so on. Reaper and Acid do not take over the structure but here you can create "favorite" folders.

My idea "a more dedicated eq in the mixer" was the possibility to adjust the frequency bandwidth per band. But you are right - it is not really necessary.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We are already using the Ctrl key for our FlexAudioÔäó feature, but in Mixcraft 5 you can hold down the Alt key and drag to copy clips.

Thanks for the other suggestions!

Be sure to send specific feedback to the beta team.

Greg
mfkne

Post by mfkne »

hi greg, thanks for the feedback and the tip. works. :-)

best regards

frank
Jaypee

Post by Jaypee »

Hi Greg, great Tip, Thx, is there a list of other shortcut keys you may be able to provide?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

The help file has a list of keyboard shotcuts, but it may not have been updated for Mixcraft 5 in this build.
Attic Jared

Post by Attic Jared »

I like the way Adobe Audition handles third party vst's. They use cascading fly-out menus.
For their proprietary effects and mastering tools, they are categorized. But for third party stuff, they use a flyout menu based on "brand".
I don't know how they do it, but it's easy to use.