EZDrummer resets

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Kustin

EZDrummer resets

Post by Kustin »

Due to Mixcraft 5's soft release, I got to try it out and found it more convenient and powerful, to my delight. :)

That's not to mention one of the problems that I have with it, though, since EZDrummer's VSTi doesn't work as it should've done on Mixcraft 4. Every time I open the same project, having set up the drumkit and its EQs, the drum settings are reset to its default settings and I have to do it every time after opening it.
I've tried to save their presets with hope to recover the settings, but by no avail. :?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Kustin

Post by Kustin »

I think I've counted out an important detail. I should have said that the drums play fine as long as I have the project file open as long as I want it to but when I close and return to open it again, the drum VSTi's settings are set back to default again.

Thanks for your answer anyway.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Did you try what I suggested anyway?

Greg
Kustin

Post by Kustin »

I did so now. I've checked for suspicious controllers within "Program Check" and "Bank Check" of the drums, suffice to say that I've never touched them in the first place, but I've found no controllers so far.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Just right-click to the right of the setting and select "Delete All Controllers."
Kustin

Post by Kustin »

Tried it, but the "Delete All Controllers" button is disabled. Apparently, there's no controllers in this case?
Vibrant Audio

Re: EZDrummer resets

Post by Vibrant Audio »

Kustin wrote:Every time I open the same project, having set up the drumkit and its EQs, the drum settings are reset to its default settings and I have to do it every time after opening it.
I've tried to save their presets with hope to recover the settings, but by no avail. :?
I have ezdrummer v1.1.6 and can't duplicate the problem you describe. I can change, for example, the type of snare drum and some volume levels and save the project. All settings are intact when I close out and reopen MC and the project. I can also save a preset and recall all the mixer settings and drum types in a new project.

You wrote "EQs" but I assume you meant mixer volumes and other settings, I don't know that there is an EQ in ezdrummer.

What version of EZDrummer are you using (listed at the bottom right corner of the main screen)? What kit are you using?

PM me if you would like to exchange some sample files and see if we can figure out the problem.
*Vibrant Audio*
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

I just tested this as well (ezdrummer v1.1.6) and everything saved & loaded fine.

Is it possible that you're using a demo of ez drummer? Sometimes demos do not allow you to save your settings.
Kustin

Post by Kustin »

Hey, it looks like it's fixed now! I've recently updated EZDrummer and it loads back to what I set it on before.

And of course, I was supposed to have said "mixer", not "EQ". :P

Thanks for your help anyway!