Keyboard Shortcut problem when Mixer is undocked

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Sungodv

Keyboard Shortcut problem when Mixer is undocked

Post by Sungodv »

The spacebar start and stop still stops working once the Mixer is undocked on build 130. Even bringing the track window into into the foreground doesn't change anything. You have to either get to the transport buttons or move the play cursor to start and stop playback. If the mixer window banner is clicked and then the track window is made active, the keyboard shortcuts quit working again.
Anybody else notice this?
Core2 Quad Desktop & XP Pro - Samplitude 11 & Pro X, SONAR 8.5 Producer & Mixcraft 5 for VST's / VSTi's. Toneport UX2 USB Interface. Audio Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Loads of basses, guitars & keyboards.

My Music:

www.soundclick.com/sungod
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

If you put the focus on the main window, it still works.

If you haven't already done so, you could submit a bug report and suggest the way you'd like to see it work.
Sungodv

Post by Sungodv »

Not in my experience... as stated in my orginal thread.
I wonder if the transport controls were duplicated in the mixer if that would fix the issue.
It's really not that much of a problem to warrant a bug report...I just 'put it out there' to see what others thought.
Core2 Quad Desktop & XP Pro - Samplitude 11 & Pro X, SONAR 8.5 Producer & Mixcraft 5 for VST's / VSTi's. Toneport UX2 USB Interface. Audio Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Loads of basses, guitars & keyboards.

My Music:

Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

I'm with you on this. I think that the default action when the spacebar is pressed in most cases should be to start and stop playback. It shouldn't matter which window has the focus.

Obviously, when a text box is selected the spacebar has to function as a spacebar, but otherwise it should toggle playback.

I actually reported something similar as bug 3230 on build 121. Spacebar wasn't toggling playback when focus was on the Notation window. It was fixed for build 122.
*Vibrant Audio*
Sungodv

Post by Sungodv »

Thanks for chiming in, VA. Nice to have some backup.
I would imagine it would be an easy fix, but I never made it past coding in Basic. :lol:
One would imagine it's going to frustrate people who keep the mixer going on a separate monitor.
There are way's around this, but it should "just work". Also it might be nice to have a stop / start button on the mixer console especially if you only have one display and undock and enlarge the mixer covering the clickable buttons if the keyboard shortcut problem can't be fixed.

My Music:

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

File that bug report!
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

OK! OK! Bug reported in bugzilla.

Open new project
Add sound clip
Press spacebar - project plays
Click Project, Track or Library tabs in Details area
Press spacebar - project plays
Click Sound tab, press spacebar - project DOES NOT play
Click anywhere inside Sound details area, press spacebar - project DOES NOT play
Click Mixer tab, press spacebar - project plays
Click anywhere inside Mixer details area, press spacebar - project DOES NOT play

Spacebar should generally always toggle play/stop unless focus is textbox,
selection box or menu, or other similar area.
*Vibrant Audio*