Mixcraft 6 - any projection on when we might see new version

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

dathyr1

Mixcraft 6 - any projection on when we might see new version

Post by dathyr1 »

Hello,

Enjoying Mixcraft 5.2 and using it all the time now and learning new stuff all the time with it. I keep getting emails on sale pricing thinking it might be a new updates which is great, but I already have the latest version.

So just wondering if the Acoustica team may know when we might see version 6. No hurry for it, just curious. There might be a previous post mentioning this, but did not see it.

Happy Holidays,

Dave
askinner97

Post by askinner97 »

There is a beta for Mixcraft 6 already released you can download it here http://www.acoustica.com/beta/mixcraft.htm
dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

To askinner97,

Thank you for the information and link.

Dave
MergingWorlds

Re: MX6 Beta

Post by MergingWorlds »

OMG! Where do I pay?
Fantastic job... you guys are geniuses.
Kept the best bits and made me so glad I stuck with Acoustica..
Can't Wait!
thumbslinger

Post by thumbslinger »

Are there any issues w/installing 6 when 5.2 is still on the system? Like dl files or similar? Will installing 6 beta in its own folder be enough to shield anything if 5.2 going wonky as a result of the install of 6?

good news it's getting closer!
oaces

Post by oaces »

thumbslinger wrote:Are there any issues w/installing 6 when 5.2 is still on the system? Like dl files or similar? Will installing 6 beta in its own folder be enough to shield anything if 5.2 going wonky as a result of the install of 6?

good news it's getting closer!
I have MC 5 and 6 installed side by side. It seems to automatically install to its own folder. So far, I've had no problems using both.

Omar
BillB

Mixcraft 6 Beta - SHOUT about it!

Post by BillB »

Hey you guys! You should be shouting this from the rooftops! Why isn't there a sticky at the top of the forum? Why isn't the link to the beta/youtube video on the Acoustica homepage?

So far I have only just downloaded the beta and watched the Youtube video. But it is clear, from having watched and contributed to the Mixcraft forums over the last year, YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN LISTENING AND ACTING UPON WHAT YOU HEAR! Sorry to shout, but BIG THANKS to you. I know I will enjoy playing with the 6 BETA, got some more ideas to throw at you when you have recovered.

Over the Christmas break I had a great time importing one of my old MIDI compositions into Mixcraft then editing and assigning VSTs (mostly Korg MonoPoly and Cakewalk Z3TA+2) for a video I created - here http://vimeo.com/34448084. Loved the music-making process with Mixcraft and I'm really looking forward to importing into and playing with MX6. The video wasn't produced in Mixcraft, but who knows, next time...
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We're not ready to promote Mixcraft 6 because it is still being beta tested. Don't use it for any important projects, because it's not finished. Please report any bugs you find directly to the beta team.

Greg
BillB

Post by BillB »

Greg, fair enough, I appreciate your caution regarding promotion outside the Mixcraft community. You obviously wouldn't want to give the impression of releasing buggy software to people who don't know Acoustica. But within the community - this is great news - but it is a little bit hard to find!
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

Marvelous!
Just had a quick look (looks great) and I'll download it to the studio in the morning.
Want to see how it performs with the Zoom R16 and Korg D3200 as surface controllers.
I may buy the disc this time instead of the usual upgrade.
Thanks!
silveralex

Post by silveralex »

This looks fantastic! The video blew me away!
mikelef

Upgrade from 5.2

Post by mikelef »

Will there be an upgrade path for users who own licenses of Mixcraft 5.2? As the demo for v 6 times out in 30 days, can the 5.2 CD key be re-used on 6?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No, Mixcraft 5 codes don't work in 6. Make sure you are signed up with the beta team to avoid having your trial run out on Mixcraft 6.

It will cost around $20 to upgrade from Mixcraft 5 to Mixcraft 6.

Greg
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

No, Mixcraft 5 codes don't work in 6. Make sure you are signed up with the beta team to avoid having your trial run out on Mixcraft 6.

It will cost around $20 to upgrade from Mixcraft 5 to Mixcraft 6.

Greg
Hi Greg.... how do i sign up to be on the beta team or is it too late?

Thanks
Pierre
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi Pierre,

You can apply for the Mixcraft beta team here.

Greg