Windows 10

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Acoustica Greg

Re: Windows 10

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Making it open source would be a development project in itself, and we're using all of our resources to work on Mixcraft. But thank you for the suggestion, I'll pass it along!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
GoGetHerRay

Post by GoGetHerRay »

Tried the other programs, not found anything near as good.....in fact they're all rather shit other than cdburnerxp but that could be improved massively.
Hopefully some sense will prevail, then again we live in times of Donald Trump and Brexit Britain so perhaps not.
Olivier

Post by Olivier »

Echoing what others have said, I've never found a better programme for recording mixes despite updating my music hardware and software regularly over the years. I was caught by the Windows 10 upgrade and I'd buy a compatible version of Twist'n' Burn in a flash but instead I think I'm going to have to buy an old laptop just to run this. It'll be money that I would have happily paid to you guys. Rather than retiring this entirely you should come up with a rev share deal for an outside developer - they do the work, you share the money. Seriously, licence the thing, don't bury it. Even better, crowdsource it.
GoGetHerRay

Post by GoGetHerRay »

Olivier wrote:Echoing what others have said, I've never found a better programme for recording mixes despite updating my music hardware and software regularly over the years. I was caught by the Windows 10 upgrade and I'd buy a compatible version of Twist'n' Burn in a flash but instead I think I'm going to have to buy an old laptop just to run this. It'll be money that I would have happily paid to you guys. Rather than retiring this entirely you should come up with a rev share deal for an outside developer - they do the work, you share the money. Seriously, licence the thing, don't bury it. Even better, crowdsource it.

Spot on, have been debating doing the same in regards to a refurbished old laptop just to run the burner from but have been checking out other programs firstly.
Like you i'd happily have sent the money this way, but I have a feeling it's already out to graze.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We don't believe we'd get a return on our development costs if we updated this software. Fewer and fewer people are burning CDs these days. Also, the MP3 CD Burner's software code is very old and out of date at this point. We're a very small company and we need our programmers to be working on Mixcraft 8.

Thank you for all your feedback and for being such big fans of Acoustica MP3 CD Burner!

Greg
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Olivier wrote: Like you i'd happily have sent the money this way, but I have a feeling it's already out to graze.
This is why I love the English language!

Greg probably wouldn't mind if you just sent in the money anyway. :lol:

I wouldn't expect anyone at Acoustica to recommend anything other than their own software but in this case, what's a similar yet popular CD burning program that's out there?

-h
Olivier

Post by Olivier »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

We don't believe we'd get a return on our development costs if we updated this software. Fewer and fewer people are burning CDs these days. Also, the MP3 CD Burner's software code is very old and out of date at this point. We're a very small company and we need our programmers to be working on Mixcraft 8.

Thank you for all your feedback and for being such big fans of Acoustica MP3 CD Burner!

Greg
Thanks for the reply, Greg - I'm actually talking about the mixing software not the CD functionality. Think I should have originally posted this in the Twist'n'Burn forum but I'm not suggesting you develop it speculatively or put in any more time and money.

Get an outside developer to work on an update on a rev share basis, licence it to 3rd party or crowdsource upfront development money. It's the mixing software that's unique, not the burner. People are making more mixes than ever and just export to mp3 or wav these days instead of burning. Stick an Upload To Soundcloud etc button on it and you have strong market relevance. Forget the burner, good though it was. There's no risk for Acoustica in farming this out or using people power to fund this and I don't think making this legacy software would threaten sales of your more recent products. Surely it's win-win? No investment, no ongoing costs and potential revenue for a product that is currently on the scrap heap.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft is mixing software with more flexibility and power than DJ Twist & Burn. If you haven't already tried it, check it out.

Download Mixcraft.

Greg
harehead

Post by harehead »

No need for Mixcraft.

I just want to be able to create/save playlists that are editable, as far as trimming, overlapping and fading. I still haven't found anything that can do that. They are all overly complicated to accomplish the simplest task, and they don't even perform any of the things that I want to do.
Sony0

Post by Sony0 »

Real shame about mp3 cd burner. Like many users said it was the best burning software available. But alot now just copy files to usb pens and play away. Recently started using a few cds again, and had to look to use something else. Just a portable burner like cdburnerxp or burnaware free. I remember being in the beta testing for mp3 cd burner and twist and burn, great times. But as a company owner, sometimes as much as you would like to keep customers happy, the time and cost just doesn't make sense.
goadtec

Post by goadtec »

there is a program that's pretty cool
ashampoo 18
it has tonal adjustments like an ipod plus you can burn it to usb stick and its fast.
try for 10 days free
GoGetHerRay

Post by GoGetHerRay »

Bit sad maybe but I just bought a cheapish re-furb with Windows 7 installed to run the MP3 Burner and another non windows 10 friendly programme. It better bloody run now or i'll sue you ha.....jesting of course!
kylefoleyk

Post by kylefoleyk »

my mp3 cd burner getting issue while burning more than 7 files on cd
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

kylefoleyk wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:25 pm my mp3 cd burner getting issue while burning more than 7 files on cd
Hi,

Which version of Windows do you have? How long are the songs? You might only be able to fit 78 or 79 minutes of audio on an audio CD.

Greg