MP3 Burner hangs at start-up

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

PureGonzoJournalism

MP3 Burner hangs at start-up

Post by PureGonzoJournalism »

Hi,
Just installed software on my laptop (have had this program for 6 years on my desktop win98)
But when I try to open it hangs at the progress screen. Have tried everything, compatibility change, run as administrator, re-installed, different burn engines et cetera. Couldn't find anything else on this issue in this forum or on the web (Maybe I didn't look hard enough? :oops: )
Another odd thing is when it is hanging I can't do anything to rid my desktop of the hanging icon but shut-down. Killing the process does nothing and it does not show as a running program in the task manager.
I am very computer savvy but have to say this one has got me licked. Maybe I am not as good I tell myself. :D le problem is driving me crazy. :evil: /b/
Any help would be very appreciated. My laptop is an HP DV6 series. Windows 7 64 bit. 8G ram.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: MP3 Burner hangs at start-up

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Was the program installed under an administrator account on the pc? Sounds like the program is being denied access to certain folders or drivers or something of the sort.
PureGonzoJournalism

Acoustica Eric wrote:Was the program installed under an administrator account on the pc? Sounds like the program is being denied access to certain folders or drivers or something of the sort.
Yes. It was installed in an adminstrator account. I have never seen a program that was unable to be shutdown by killing the process. Another weird thing when it is showing in the process tree it is using 0 resources. When it does hang it doesn't affect the computers performance at all. Its a head scratcher.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yes that's odd, it doesn't happen on my computers so it's difficult to troubleshoot from here.
How about deleting temp file from within the program (if you can get it to run), or deleting the file called "Acoustica.adb," which is usually located here:
C:\Users\~user~\AppData\Roaming\Acoustica\Acoustica MP3 CD Burner\Acoustica.adb
PureGonzoJournalism

That is actually one of the first things I had tried but it just re-writes it. I even tried corrupting it and it fixes it.
I have removed some of the config. files and still does the same thing.
This problem is unique and it seems there isn't anyone else with this problem.
Here is another issue I didn't attribute to this program until an hour or so ago. When it's installed it prevents windows from shutting down and causes it to hang at the "logging off" Or "Shutting down screen" I am going to try shutting processes down one by one and see if something on my computer is conflicting with it.
I'll update.
PureGonzoJournalism

So it seems nothing I do remedies this problem. Killing all and/or booting with non essential processes. It still hangs at the loading splash screen. As said before the oddest thing about all of this is when it is hanging it's like it isn't even running. The task manager shows nothing in running programs. It is in the process tree but it's usage is 0 and cannot stop it by killing it.
Microsoft is stumped and the rep I talked to forwarded it to the win 7 team (sure)
I would like Acousticas technical team to chime in also.
But I think it is with something I installed. I can't even run it on my VM with win 98.
I am going to put a fresh win 7 install on another HD and try to install on that.
If I sound a little batty, it's because this has done it to me. Gah!
Thanks for the help. Will update.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Please send us your cdburner-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Acoustica MP3 CD Burner\

You can also find it by clicking on the Windows Start menu, selecting All Programs, then Acoustica MP3 CD Burner and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the cdburner-log.txt file.

Greg
PureGonzoJournalism

Here is is. Let me know if you need anything else.

01:49:07 [398 mils] : CLocalDB::Initialize() - DB Path is C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\Acoustica\Acoustica MP3 CD Burner\Acoustica.adb
01:49:07 [532 mils] : CLocalDB::Initialize() - LDBLib Initialized correctly
01:49:07 [532 mils] : Library load returned 1
01:49:07 [532 mils] : Temp directory = 'C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\acoustica_burner'
01:49:07 [534 mils] : Starting up on 8/08/2012!
01:49:07 [534 mils] : Acoustica MP3 CD Burner 4.72 (Build 154)
01:49:07 [534 mils] : Mem in use percentage = 74 %
01:49:07 [534 mils] : Free physical : 1071.37 MB, Total physical : 4193.46 MB
01:49:07 [534 mils] : Free paging file : 4294.97 MB, Total paging file : 4294.97 MB
01:49:07 [534 mils] : Free virtual : 2049.11 MB, Total virtual : 2147.35 MB
01:49:07 [534 mils] : C:\ has 45947.57 MB free.
01:49:07 [534 mils] : D:\ has 2080.31 MB free.
01:49:07 [535 mils] : Microsoft Vista Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

01:49:07 [535 mils] : **** Acoustica wnaspint.dll exists!
01:49:07 [535 mils] : *** Using whatever ASPI Layer is available.
01:49:07 [535 mils] : *** wnaspi32.dll exists!
01:49:08 [ 71 mils] : Playback INIT: Found supported format : 44100 Hz, 16 bits, 2 channels.
01:49:08 [ 71 mils] : Playback INIT: NumBufs=8 BufferSize=8192, Sample Rate=44100, Bits=16
01:49:08 [ 71 mils] : Wave Out FMT: 44100 hz, 16 bits, 2 channels
01:49:08 [ 71 mils] : Wave buffer size = 8192, Num buffers = 8
01:49:08 [ 71 mils] : Number of system processors found: 2
01:49:08 [ 72 mils] : Creating mixing thread 0.
01:49:08 [ 72 mils] : Creating mixing thread 1.
01:49:08 [ 72 mils] : Exiting Playback INIT
01:49:08 [ 72 mils] : WinMain() - Before initializing ASPI layer
01:49:08 [ 72 mils] : CDLIB_CCDLib::InitializeASPILayer() - Find best available engine
01:49:08 [ 72 mils] : _FindCDDriveLetters: drive <C:\> is type DRIVE_FIXED
01:49:08 [ 72 mils] : _FindCDDriveLetters: drive <D:\> is type DRIVE_FIXED
01:49:08 [ 72 mils] : _FindCDDriveLetters: drive <E:\> is type DRIVE_CDROM
01:49:08 [187 mils] : CDLIB_CCDLib::_LoadPrimoDevices() ENTER
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If that's the full log file, it looks like MP3 CD Burner is having trouble finding your CD/DVD drive.

How is your drive working right now? Can you play CDs in it or access it?

Greg
PureGonzoJournalism

Thanks for the response. It is the entire log. The CD Rom is working properly. I used the windows media 12 to burn 1 cd of MP3s and one DVD. Both went quickly and burned properly (Any reports of WMP 12 wreaking Havoc?)
I used a external HD to boot win XP on my machine and loaded the Acoustica program. Run without any problems. The log was identical except no win 7 references. Stumped I be. I am going to start uninstalling programs, install acoustica after each uninstall, wash, rinse, repeat. Maybe I will find the issue.
I will update unless I hear back from you first.
PureGonzoJournalism

OK. So after booting bare-bones (essential software only) it did not solve the problem. I did everything I could think of, and I do mean everything. Made sure the cdrom drive was functioning and re installed drivers only to have it keep hanging. :evil: Something I never thought of was to take the DVD out of the drive and try that. TA-DA. Solved the problem. :D
My question to the Acoustica team:
Why would this happen? Can you fix this? I would be interested to see if this happens to any other Windows 7 64bit users with a DVD in the drive during start up of the burner software. (It was an original non-burned DVD)
If there is a DVD in my XP machine and I start Acoustica it still starts but will tell you that there is a non-format CD in the drive.
So now I know, and anyone else who may encounter this error, what the issue is.

Thanks for all of your help
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Thanks for posting the fix, I have never experienced that and have not heard of others experiencing it, but future users might find this thread useful.