Acoustica MP3 CD Burner x Windows 8

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

rlogon

Acoustica MP3 CD Burner x Windows 8

Post by rlogon »

Good morning, friends ... Since I installed on my machine Windows 8, I can not use the program Acoustica MP3 CD Burner ... the problem is in making music and bar capacity of the cd / dvd is sampled ... I add the music, the program Acoustica MP3 CD Burner pretends does not exist, simply because they are not shown ... Will the acoustica could not solve this problem? once the problem persists, even with version 4.72 ... acoustica, please help me ...
Acoustica Greg

Re: Acoustica MP3 CD Burner x Windows 8

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We don't currently have a fix for this issue. Microsoft changed something that messed up MP3 CD Burner's song list view in Windows 8. We're probably not going to be updating MP3 CD Burner, but maybe future updates to Windows 8 from Microsoft will help.

Greg
rlogon

Post by rlogon »

For compatibility, the software manufacturer will work with Microsoft to resolve this and since they are aware of this issue on the basis of forum post, you should wait for the update.
Meanwhile, take a look at solving compatibility issues in Windows 8.
I can already say that nothing worked on the issue of compatibility ... Acoustica Really, you could try talking with Microsoft for a possible fix ... Thanks in advance ...
Below is the answer from Microsoft same forum ...
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... e1673628be
rlogon

Post by rlogon »

Due to Copyright issues, Microsoft can not by itself solve the problem, since they do not have the source program ... I did my part in putting Acoustica talking with Microsoft, and Microsoft talking with Acoustica ... Acoustica, please do your part ...
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Hello, it's not a matter of us doing our part. Microsoft doesn't have to make a change to Windows 8 to specifically address issues with our product, they need to fix whatever it is they changed that has disabled many products. Whatever is different with Windows 8 has caused similar issues with many companies software products, not just ours. It would be bad business for them not to keep their OS compatibility, since Microsoft OS's live off the fact that third parties can write software that will work across the board. I would be willing to bet that a future Windows 8 update will fix the problem.
Also keep in mind that Windows 8 is a brand new release, far from finished even though they are selling it.
Remember how long we all hung onto xp after 7 was released? That's how long it'll take to perfect Windows 8 and give the public confidence to move to it.
Personally, I won't be using Windows 8 on anything other than a test pc until at very least this time next year.
rlogon

Post by rlogon »

Okay, you're really right in his contention that many programs do not work due to some modifications that Microsoft made in its operating system Windows 8 ... On the machine from my mother, I had the displeasure of seeing the webcam, which had just been purchased, she had no driver for Windows 8, and the problem appeared to be serious, because the manufacturer would not support webcam for Windows 8 .. . Thank God I managed to run the method compatibility ... Another problem is the analysis software Seagate HD which is not compatible with Windows 8, or by the method of system compatibility ... Another problem I'm seeing is that, just for now, with Windows 8 virtual machine can not do, which could solve palliatively our problem ... But honestly, not to mention the question of incompatibilities, Windows 8 gives 10-0 in Windows 7 ... Much faster in all aspects ... I sincerely hope that Microsoft can solve the problems as soon as possible ... I also hope that Acoustica can help Microsoft solve at least this problem that affects the MP3 CD Burner ...
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

This is why I never adopt an operating system until it's been around a while. Windows 7 has just VERY recently won me over off of XP.
sirdigbychicken

Post by sirdigbychicken »

So, the official Acoustica solution to this problem is to stick with Vista or Windows 7? Thanks, Acoustica. Nice one. I have just upgraded to windows 8 and MP3 CD Burner is the only program I have that now doesn't work. What a waste of money.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Read my explanation above
sirdigbychicken

Post by sirdigbychicken »

Acoustica Eric wrote:Read my explanation above
Oh, I did, and forgive me if I remain completely underwhelmed. I also read Greg's comment that "We're probably not going to be updating MP3 CD Burner" (though I notice you're still selling the thing). Time to go and get some new software, then. I shan't be buying from Acoustica again.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I'm sorry you feel that way, but we're confident this is caused by something Microsoft did in windows 8 that has broken many other 3rd party software, and if they do the right thing, they'll fix it with the first service pack release. So us taking the time to come up with a fix would temporary if ms does fix whatever they broke.
luisenrique73

Post by luisenrique73 »

As I can't use the Acoustica Mp3 burner with my PC with windows 8 could you tell me if there is any equivalent software?..I just want import songs from iTunes into a program (esay use) and have the ability to rearrange them, trim them, cross-fade them and then burn to a CD. Thank you
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

iTunes itself can rearrange songs of course. It can even preserve song order on MP3 CDs. I'm not sure about good Windows 8 compatible CD burning software that's compatible with Windows 8.

Any recommendations, anybody?

Greg
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Cd burner xp pro, still does a fine job. Also Ashampoo Burning Studio if you want to pay for something