"There was a problem tyring to play the track!"

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

harehead

"There was a problem tyring to play the track!"

Post by harehead »

I am having a problem with Acoustica that started when I had to re-install Windows due to some sort of Virus or something. Many of my programs were affected including Windows Media Player. I was unable to play any media files with WMP with the error "an internal application error has occurred". I was only able to fix this by rolling back my WMP player to a previous version and then updating back to the current version. Anyway, WMP works once again and now I'm trying to fix Acoustica.

The complete error message that appears when I try to play a track in Acoustica is as follows:

"There was a problem tyring to play the track!

If another program is playing audio, go to that progam and turn it off and then try again.

If playing a CD, check to ensure that the CD is in the drive and the drice door is closed"

Obviously, I am not playing any other audio at the same time, although even if I was, it shouldn't be a problem because I have played audio with different players at the same time before without any conflicts.

The problem I had which caused the need for a system repair-install was affecting my system restore. As a result, I have no restore points to use to try to fix this problem.

I reinstalled Acoustica minutes ago and still get the same error.

Hope you have some ideas as I am out.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I assume you have Windows XP? Go into the Windows Control Panel and open up Sounds and Audio Devices. Click on the Audio tab and set your default sound playback device to be your soundcard's driver. This problem is often caused by having the wrong playback device selected.

Greg
harehead

Post by harehead »

That did it....I even checked this before I reinstalled Windows for the second time, but I forgot to go back and check it again. It was set on Modem #0 line record. Works now.

Thanks Greg. [/b]
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

I don't know how that happens, but every once in a while, the default Windows playback device setting gets set to the wrong thing.