Loudness Levelling

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Tommy45

Loudness Levelling

Post by Tommy45 »

:?: I know that Automatic Loudness Balancing is Acoustica's choice for levelling track volumes. Has anyone using the MP3 CD Burner had better results using another choice? For example, 22% of the loudest track. Some of my recording levels are quite different especially those coming from LPs versus CDs and 45s. This often forces me to drastically change the track volume level using "Audio Fix".
I made my first compilation CD from a combination of 45s and CD tracks. I set a separate recording level for each 45 and CD track.
Am I better off setting the recording level with the first recording and use that level for the rest of the recordings?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Loudness Levelling

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The "Automatic Loudness Balancing" setting in Acoustica MP3 CD Burner's audio processing settings uses the "ReplayGain" standard to measure the loudness, and it works really well in most cases, but of course if you find that other settings are working better for the particular set of songs that you have, then you should use those.

Greg