Acoustica Hangs when burning

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

harehead

Acoustica Hangs when burning

Post by harehead »

I have a new problem that just started. I burned a disc a couple days ago with no problem, but when I tried today, Acoustica hung up and had to be forced to shut down via task manaager.

When I hit "burn disc", it starts to go through the steps, but never gets past step 1 -- preparing files. I waited over 10 minutes but finally had to 'end task' on Acoustica. I uninstalled and re-installed with no luck. Even tried a system restore, but system restore won't let me go back to any previous restore points....for some reason.

I don't have any more ideas at this point. Perhaps you've encountered this problem?

Thanks in advance
harehead

Post by harehead »

By the way...I have XP - running the latest build of Acoustica.
harehead

Post by harehead »

Aw, come on...someone must have some idea. What is Acoustica doing when it is "preparing" files? What are the processes involved? Something must be corrupted, but I don't know where to start looking. I have to burn a CD for a girl I'm trying to steal, so I must get this working.. DANG!!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

What kind of files are they? Make sure there are no DRM protected files in the list.
You may want to convert them all first for diagnosis purposes or try a list of other songs, making sure they are of a supported format.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If the problem persists, submit a support request and send us the cdburner-log.txt file from your \Program Files\Acoustica MP3 CD Burner\ folder right after you have the problem and exit the program.

The log file will give us some concrete suggestions. Otherwise, just try the usual stuff, like lowering your burn speed, quitting other programs that are running in the background and so on.

Greg
harehead

Post by harehead »

The files are nothing unusual... in fact, I've burned this exact playlist before. I'm reburning the disc for someone else. The songs are all MP3 (except for one WAV) and play normally otherwise. Basically, I can't think of anything that is different than the last time I had a successful burn. The same processes are running, as far as I can see. The tracks play normally in the playlist, so it's not like Acoustica can't locate them. It says the disc in the drive is ready. It just can't seem to prepare them...

I submitted the log file and crash file to support...so we'll see.

Thanks for the response
harehead

Fixed it!

Post by harehead »

Somehow the "Use Acoustica's ASPI Driver" got checked. I don't know what this does, but I unchecked it and it seems to be working again.

I submitted a request for help, which I don't need anymore. To make sure no one wastes any time working on this...here is the Ticket Number so you can cancel my request.

Thanks
Acoustica Greg

Re: Fixed it!

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Okay, thanks for letting us know!
harehead wrote:Somehow the "Use Acoustica's ASPI Driver" got checked. I don't know what this does, but I unchecked it and it seems to be working again.

I submitted a request for help, which I don't need anymore. To make sure no one wastes any time working on this...here is the Ticket Number so you can cancel my request.

Thanks