Have I got Bugs

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

thralldine

Have I got Bugs

Post by thralldine »

When I play mp3,s in foobar ripped with Acoustica Mp3 CDB, they show up as CBR files stuck on a bit rate of 32 kps, however they are playing as vbr files, in itunes they dont show up the VBR flag, also the track times are massive, i.e a 5 min track will show as 27.32 mins long, very odd:
Has this programme got Bugs
Acoustica Greg

Re: Have I got Bugs

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If the files are playing as VBR, but show up as CBR, how can you tell?

What happens if you play them in Windows Media Player?

Greg
thralldine

Post by thralldine »

Foobar has a status bar where it shows the bit rate moving up and down with the peaks in the music, which proves they are varable bit files, however in the viewer window they show up as cbr, as opposed to vbr, if I rip a cd with cdex for example it would show as vbr followed by the bit rate quality for example VBR 0 would then the next would be V1, and so forth: will see what happens in WMP:

Lame to rip your CD's to the -V 4 --vbr-new setting.
This will produce files that are around 160kbps VBR mp3's that still have good quality. Here is how the Lame list goes:

-V 5 --vbr-new (~130kbps VBR) Near CD-quality

-V 4 --vbr-new (~160kbps VBR) Perceptual Transparency

-V 3 --vbr-new (~180kbps VBR) Near CD Transparency

-V 2 --vbr-new (~190kbps VBR) CD Transparency

-V 0 --vbr-new (~240kbps VBR) Studio (overkill for 99% of people out there)

320 --cbr- (~320kps CBR) Studio (insane for 99% of people out there)
thralldine

Post by thralldine »

Windows media player has limited informaion on music files, it only indicates they are only mp3 files:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Hmmm, not sure what's going on there. How do they sound? MP3 CD Burner is legacy software. We're no longer updating it.

Greg
thralldine

Post by thralldine »

Am currently using as a trial, as am waiting for my lost key to be sent to be via email, its been a very long time since Ive used this software but I dont recall these issues: The mp3 sound fine, and there is no issue if I rip a cd to CBR, however it is somewhat irritating about VBR problem: I will try another software player to see if the issue is with foobar: