How to burn "Custom Mix" with smooth overlaps?

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

mistertee

How to burn "Custom Mix" with smooth overlaps?

Post by mistertee »

Regardless of the ASPI burning preferences I've selected, the "Burn CD" window always displays a check box option "Burn As One Track? (For track overlaps to be smooth...") in Custom Mix mode. What settings or preferences do I need to adjust in order to burn my CD with individual tracks AND smooth overlaps?

Thanks!

UPDATE: I may have answered my own question. I see that by disabling IMAPI, the "Burn As One Track..." check box no longer appears.

That said, if anyone wants to add any tips or comments please feel free :-)
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yes I was just about to explain that when using IMAPI, there is always a 2 second gap between tracks, which obviously disallows overlaps and track markers on the same project.
mistertee

Post by mistertee »

Thanks for the reply Eric. Hey, since you're an employee perhaps you could pass a suggestion along. Longer (or user definable) transition previews would be a big plus for this program. Sometimes (especially when mixing live recordings with opening and closing applause) it's difficult to tell if the tracks have actually been mixed (ie; where one track ends and the next begins). True the visual wave display is helpful in that regard but it still be helpful to hear a longer sample. If nothing else a longer preview gives you a better feel for the flow of the mix. Just my .02 worth ;-)

Thanks!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

yeah that would be a good thing in your specific situation, but most of the authors efforts are with Mixcraft right now, and you can do exactly what you mention here by using Mixcraft, try it out.
mistertee

Re: re

Post by mistertee »

Acoustica Eric wrote:yeah that would be a good thing in your specific situation, but most of the authors efforts are with Mixcraft right now, and you can do exactly what you mention here by using Mixcraft, try it out.
OK, I'm giving Mixcraft a try and have posted a new question in the Mixcraft forum. Thanks for the suggestion!