Breaks between titles

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Wintermoor

Breaks between titles

Post by Wintermoor »

Hi Folks!

I've been an avid user of Acoustica products for a few years now and have been extremely satisfied with it all.
I have a wee problem now though and I don't know if it's creeping alzheimers or a wee blip in the programme.

When burning music onto a CD, I can't mix anymore because there is always a 1 - 2 second break between the songs.
I've done everything I did before, but now, no matter what I try, there's always that wee break which is extremely annoying.

I've tried leaving the fader on, taking the fader off, marking '0' seconds break between songs etc. The wee break still comes back.

Please help.

Thanks in advance, Gents.

Wintermoor
Acoustica Greg

Re: Breaks between titles

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Go into the CD Burning preferences and turn off the "Use IMAPI" option. When you burn with IMAPI it always adds a gap between tracks.

Greg
Wintermoor

Post by Wintermoor »

Thanks for your reply, Greg, but the IMAPI thing was OFF.

I downloaded the burner again and tried again, the IMAPI was off and I burned 3 songs to check with fade-over and still got a second or so break.

I think it's f*cked. :(

Thanx for your help anyway, I'll have to find something else.

All the best

Wintermoor
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you burning an audio CD or an MP3 CD? MP3 CDs will always have a gap between songs unless your MP3 CD player has a feature that avoids that (most don't).

Greg
Wintermoor

Post by Wintermoor »

Hi again Greg,

I have always burned MP3 CDs and have never had a break between any songs ... ever!

This has just started, as I said, recently.

Why have a mixing programme with spaces between the tracks, that would make no sense, and that's why I bought the PowerPack .

I could mix tracks/music without a break and even with markers.

It was a great programme. Shame that it doesn't work anymore.

Thanx for your help

Wintermoor
Wintermoor

Post by Wintermoor »

Hold on Greg, please,

When I said MP3 CDs I meant the normal length CDs (74 /80 minutes) and not the 300 songs a disc MP3s.

Just for your info.

Thanx again

Wintermoor
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You should be able to get smooth fades on a standard audio CD. What are you using to play the CD? Have you tried playing it on different players?

Submit an Acoustica Support Request and send us your cdburner-log.txt file right after you burn a CD. The log file is located here:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Acoustica MP3 CD Burner\

Or, click on the Windows Start menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica MP3 CD Burner and finally Logs to find it.

Greg
Wintermoor

Post by Wintermoor »

Hi Greg,

I've played the CDs on all types of players; portable players, home systems, car cd players, etc. and have never had any problem.

I'll send you a log the next time I try it out, that may take a day or two as I'm working tomorrow and it's midnight here now (Germany, south of Hamburg), but thanx for the tips, I've always enjoyed my wee mixer and player and it would be a shame if I couldn't get the same results as in the past.

Thanx for your help

Wintermoor