Any vocalists out there? :D

Looking to collaborate with somebody on a Mixcraft project? This the place! Please be mindful of others' privacy and be careful what you post in the public thread.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

DaveMaster

Any vocalists out there? :D

Post by DaveMaster »

Hey everyone!

My name is David. I've been working with Mixcraft for years now, and I use it to produce House/EDM music. I'm looking for a vocalist to help me out with my latest song, called "You Make Me Go (Original Mix)".

Please feel free to check it out, and if anyone is interested in hopping on the project with me, just let me know! Thanks!

David :)

https://soundcloud.com/davemaster-93070 ... ix/s-etzlK
freightgod

Re: Any vocalists out there? :D

Post by freightgod »

Um, do you have lyrics and a melody, or do you want random chanting?
DaveMaster

Post by DaveMaster »

I was actually wanting to give the vocalist full freedom to do the vocals how they wanted, nothing specific in mind, really. I've found that giving vocalists that freedom is more helpful. As long as the vocals don't have any swear words and are relatively clean (as for radio, for example), I'm open to hearing what anybody comes up with.
TheAlisonWilliams

Post by TheAlisonWilliams »

Hi I write original songs and sing them. I need someone to help me make my voice sound better and am struggling with using Acoustica Compressor to get my voice an even volume. I am using samples for the music and just generally making it up as I go along. My songs are feel good lyrics. This one is called You can be happy.
Would you be interested in collaborating/helping me as I would really like to team up with people who know what they are doing. I saw your post and thought I would ask you before I do a general post asking for help. I am in Lancashire. UK.
DaveMaster

Post by DaveMaster »

Sure, I wouldn't mind helping you out at all, to the best of my abilities, anyways haha. How do you have the Compressor set up?
More importantly, how were the vocals recorded (just on your computer's microphone, or with a voice recorder, or through a studio, etc.)? Sometimes, the volume at which your vocals were recorded can play a big factor as well, since the Compressor will only be able to do so much before the vocals start to clip in the EQ, or sound disproportionate, etc...

Also, sure, I'm always down to collaborate with new people! Do you have any YouTube or SoundCloud links I can check out to see what you sound like?

David :D
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Hi everyone,

I just noticed this thread. If anyone wants any help just send me the tracks via download link (dropbox or wetransfer or whatever) and I'll work on them for you (if I'm well enough), including humanising the tracks if they are made of samples (by playing along the parts). Just do it by quoting this comment so I get notified about it. :)
P.S. I can remove breaths and use gain staging in iZotope RX then mix back in the vocals with a low level of the original (parallel process). I did this with Freightgod's carol at Christmas, the difference was ridiculous in how much it removed the hesitancy in his voice and left it perfectly placed. I also backed up his piano with lots of other instruments to highlight the tonal spirit of the thing. So, if you need a hand (unless someone else can do it) 8)
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6