Andrew Huang Complete Production Class

Use this forum for discussing music in general, rather than specific Acoustica products.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg

bigaquarium

Andrew Huang Complete Production Class

Post by bigaquarium » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:12 pm

Dear Mixcrafters,

Well, I decided to sign up for the Andrew Huang 'Complete Music Production' class that's been jumping out at me on Facebook the last week or so. I'm hoping to gain some more skills in the sound design and sound engineering aspects of what we do, as well as some insights into workflow and things like that, because I'm very slooooowwww, and Andrew by contrast is quite prolific. Andrew seems like a very talented young man, and he works with all sorts of styles and genres like I do, which was also a major selling point for me.

Here's the link to information about the class:

https://learnmonthly.com/andrew-huang-music

Andrew uses Ableton, but you're allowed to use your own DAW so of course Mixcraft will be coming along for the ride, although (Greg cover your eyes) I'll probably do a little Bitwigging for the sound design portion of the class.

If anyone is interested they give you $20 off if you use me as a reference, send me a PM if you want that discount.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes, we're supposed to be creating 3 fully polished tracks as a result of this class. If Mr. Huang can get this old dog to learn some new tricks I'm sure he can help anyone!

- Nathan
youtube.com/c/fansofmixcraft
facebook.com/fansofmixcraft
twitter.com/fansofmixcraft
soundcloud.com/fansofmixcraft

bigaquarium

Progress Report #1

Post by bigaquarium » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:39 pm

Good evening,

Well, day one of the class is in the books, my first assignment was to come up with a chord progression, so here's what I gots (56 seconds):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDFc-0zSggE

Excited for this!

- Nathan

jlouvar

Re: Andrew Huang Complete Production Class

Post by jlouvar » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:49 pm

Out of curiosity, did you copy and paste, drag and drop, step wright or actually play/record the chord progression?
- Joe -
MX 9.0 Pro, Build 458, 64-bit. i5, 1.80GHz, 8GB, Windows 10. 2nd Gen Scarlett 2i4, Event and PreSonus monitors, Sony MDR-7506, Korg TR61, Akai MPK249, Fender P & J basses, Ric, Strat, Amps, Stomp boxes and a lot of Microphones, etc.

bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:52 pm

jlouvar wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:49 pm
Out of curiosity, did you copy and paste, drag and drop, step wright or actually play/record the chord progression?
Yes. LOL.

First I played it in as straight chords (quarter notes), then fiddled with the chord voicings a little bit to add some voice leading, then selected the tenor line and dragged/offset it by an 1/8th note.

- Nathan

jlouvar

Post by jlouvar » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:32 pm

Okay thanks Nathan... I hope you enjoy your class and learn a lot. Cheers :D
- Joe -
MX 9.0 Pro, Build 458, 64-bit. i5, 1.80GHz, 8GB, Windows 10. 2nd Gen Scarlett 2i4, Event and PreSonus monitors, Sony MDR-7506, Korg TR61, Akai MPK249, Fender P & J basses, Ric, Strat, Amps, Stomp boxes and a lot of Microphones, etc.