We all suck! (apparently)

Use this forum for discussing music in general, rather than specific Acoustica products.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

msnickybee

We all suck! (apparently)

Post by msnickybee » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:35 am

So THIS is where I've been going wrong! :lol:
Actually, smug as the Recording Revolution guy is, he's right......
Nicky
MC8.1 PS user since v5
My latest EP Bittersweet is now available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel

AHornsby

Re: We all suck! (apparently)

Post by AHornsby » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:50 am

All I know is that if you suck while eating cake you'll choke. :lol:

Talent and practice is the key to it all and this is why I like working live. Of course, a wee bit o' wisdom can't hurt. -h

Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:39 pm

Although I did find Grahams blog a touch "smug" at first, in the big picture my take was that for the vast majority of people, working alone has limitations that are usually obvious in the resulting product.

Collaborating with talent that fills in some of the blanks in my range of skills, another ear, or just a chance to brainstorm and compare notes has been something I value highly.

I think that is at least part of the point Graham was trying to make.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

AHornsby

Post by AHornsby » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:38 am

Now. If someone else could explain why 90% of 'professionally' mixed music sucks we'd have it made. -h

mick

Post by mick » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:28 am

A Hornsby wrote: Now. If someone else could explain why 90% of 'professionally' mixed music sucks we'd have it made. -h
Maybe Its because the mix engineers all have a different idea of what doesn't suck, and then its sometimes passed to the mastering guys that also have different ideas of what doesn't suck. Then we listen to it and decide at all sucks and we would've done it differently. :shock:

Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:24 pm

I think, in general-
Producers may often fall victim to the tendency to try to follow whatever is trending in sales and popularity, so ironically the blame for crappy popular music folds right back onto the consumer doesn't It?
And if that is true, there may be no end in sight if consumers keep buying music and concert tickets for the crap, and clearly they continue to have little interest for audio quality either.....
It appears to me for the most part, its a minority few of us who even really care and apparently.....most of us suck.
So there we have it!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page